Underarm Odor

My under arms smell so badly. How can I remove the smell?

By Juno from Kathmandu

Answers:

Underarm Odor

I have had the same problem sine I was a teenager. I'm now 33.

I tried all the deodorants, even the prescribed ones. I would sweat so badly that after I stepped out of the shower I would be wet under my arms from sweating. I finally begged the dermatologist to do something surgical. I had 2 choices: ETS surgery to remove part of the sympathetic nerve to stop the sweating or remove the glands from under my arms. I went with the ETS because I had sweaty palms, too.

Do not have the ETS done!! I should have had them remove the glands instead. I had ETS done in April of 2009 and have regretted it ever since. I no longer sweat visibly from under my arms, but I still smell and the rest of my body over compensates. I now sweat profusely on my abdomen and legs, to the point of literally dripping! I hope I can save at least one person from this heartbreak.

I never could get the wetness under control, so for those that have tried everything and are considering surgery, please avoid ETS and just go with the removal of the glands under the arms! Insurance does cover these procedures too!

I'm going to be trying a few of the suggestions here for the odor and hopefully I can get that under control. I'm going to start with drinking lots of water to cleanse the system, most of us don't drink enough. I'm very guilty of this myself.
I'm also going to try the zinc and apple cider vinegar tabs as well and see how those work.

Good luck to everyone in their battle to stay dryer and smell less. (11/09/2010)

By AmBam

Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Mothballs
Removing Mothball Odor from Washing Machine
Man With Stain in Underarm
Preventing Underarm Stains
🎄