Use Aquarium Water For Plants

My garden plants are all situated rather close to my home, as it has no outdoor spigot. I discovered a great way to water and feed my plants at the same time! I keep several sizes of aquariums, and use a Python siphon with a 50 ft. long 1/2 inch flexible plastic tube to do weekly water changes (big fish!).

In order to water the tomatoes, peppers, flowers, and whatever else I have growing each season, I place the "out" tube at desired areas from the door or even windows all around the house, start the siphon action with the Python, and out nutrient-rich water flows!

No waiting for buckets to fill, then slosh to the plants outside, and my lovely fish fertilize my plants! Organic and home-grown. Pythons are easy to find at most pet stores that carry fish; it wouldn't be practical for a small tank, but they do come in smaller sizes.

By Srenee from Liberty, NC

Aquarium in the middle of a water change
Using Aquarium Water For Plants
Gold Fish Tank
Saving Money on Aquarium Supplies
Fancy goldfish swimming in a tank.
Saving Money on Aquarium Filters
Cleaning an Aquarium, Pleco in Aquarium
Cleaning an Aquarium
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener