Using Aquarium Water for Plants

Dirty fish tank water makes great plant food. Instead of pouring all those great nutrients down the drain use it to make your plants look great.

When I clean my 29 gallon tank I empty the water into my kitchen trash container then plunge an empty plastic kitty litter jug into it and fill it with the plant water. An empty cleaned out milk jug could be used.

If you don't use it right away, be sure to shake it before using as it does tend to settle on the bottom. It works better than plant food in my opinion.

By ann from Saint Peters, MO

More Solutions

My husband loves his fish tanks and I love gardening. Between the two of us we use a lot of water. But he bought a fish tank vacuum to help him clean out the tanks and originally had it hooked up to the bathroom sink faucet.

5 Archives

My garden plants are all situated rather close to my home, as it has no outdoor spigot. I discovered a great way to water and feed my plants at the same time!

Use your water that you've cleaned out from the fish tank to water plants. It's like natural fertilizer!

When I clean out my aquarium, I save the dirty aquarium water to water my plants. The water is full of free fish emulsion which houseplants just love!

In These Pages
Home and Garden Gardening FertilizerSeptember 27, 2016
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf59908526.tip.html