Use Dawn Dish Soap as a Stain Remover

I had a cat go on the carpet in my boy's bedroom. I was out of carpet cleaner, so I got an old tea towel. I made it wet with hot water and put Dawn dish soap on it. The stain came out and then I tried it on other stains in the room that I had already tried all kinds of cleaning products on that had never came out.

The stains were gone and the carpet looks new again. I am going to use Dawn dish soap on all my carpet spills, and stains. With 3 kids, a dog and 2 cats I will always be needing it.

By Kristie from Glen Rock, PA

Answers:

Use Dawn Dishsoap as a Stain Remover

Be sure to test a small spot first. I used Dawn to get out dog poop stains and it ruined my carpet and now has to be replaced. (04/27/2009)

By imaqt1962

Use Dawn Dishsoap as a Stain Remover

However, you didn't specify what KIND of Dawn DishSoap. I would think that would matter. Was it just the normal/original scent or was it another scent?

Editor's Note: I would use the most basic version of Dawn or any generic dish soap. (04/03/2010)

By cbar577329

Use Dawn Dishsoap as a Stain Remover

I used regular Dawn. I washed then used a damp sponge. will see if it works. Got an old dog who forgets to bark when he needs out some times. (04/03/2010)

By TENKILL

Use Dawn Dishsoap as a Stain Remover

I use Dawn to get greasy stains out of clothing. I had gotten chicken grease on a shirt, washed and dried it, and it still wasn't out. I then put Dawn on the stain, let it sit for a few hours, washed it, and it came out perfect. (04/03/2010)

By EJDCJ

Use Dawn Dishsoap as a Stain Remover

I have used Dawn to clean spots on my carpet, car seats, and clothes. Works great. I use the original Dawn - blue one. Not the oxy-clean one.
(04/03/2010)

By dvg

Use Dawn Dishsoap as a Stain Remover

Be careful what color you use it on. I put some on a brick colored jersey to remove a grease stain and it faded the color. I don't know what looks worse, the grease stain or the missing color! I would suggest not to leave it on too long before laundering. (04/05/2010)

By jabsgram

Use Dawn Dish Soap as a Stain Remover

It may get the stain out but will create a bigger dirt problem in the end. I once had a carpet professional tell me to never use anything but water on my carpet. It's impossible to remove ALL of the soap in the carpet and the leftover soap attracts more dirt. (05/01/2010)

By liknmylife

Use Dawn Dish Soap as a Stain Remover

Works even better on nice blouses that have grease stains on them, even if they have been put through the dryer. Also put the straight stuff on spots on your knit shirts. (05/01/2010)

By mgw10146

Use Dawn Dish Soap as a Stain Remover

I have heard from several sources that Dawn dish soap will also kill fleas instantly on pets, if you bathe them with it. It is going to be my new pet shampoo! (05/01/2010)

By jg2851

Use Dawn Dish Soap as a Stain Remover

Dish soap can also be good for cleaning spots on walls. Be careful, though, that your soap doesn't have coloring that will stain - that happened once when I used a cheaper, green tinted product. (05/02/2010)

By nettie_d

Bottle of Dawn Dish Soap
Using Dawn Dish Soap as a Stain Remover
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
dawn for fleas
Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎉
🎄