Use Dawn Dishsoap As A Spot Remover

I have tried all kinds of spot removers for clothes. I had a stain on a white sweater one day and had to change it, so I could go to work. That night as I was doing the laundry, there was my sweater. What could I use. I saw my Dawn dish washing detergent on my kitchen counter, and thought, why not? I put a small dot on the stain, threw it in my washer. and it was gone when I took it out. I use the original one.

By Rita from Springfield, MO

Use Dawn Dishsoap As A Spot Remover

What a good idea. Dawn is perfect on grease removing from dishes. I can't wait to try this on my clothes washing. (03/07/2008)

By Ace

Use Dawn Dishsoap As A Spot Remover

I agree that Dawn is good as a spot remover, it has a built in Degreaser. We travel a lot and also have used shampoo in a pinch.

By patti r

Use Dawn Dishsoap As A Spot Remover

I use the Dawn detergent on any spot on any washable item, then throw down my laundry chute. When I do laundry, almost all spots come out, even though the clothes may have waited several days. I repeat the Dawn on the few spots that don't come out, and they do. (03/08/2008)

By jean

Use Dawn Dishsoap As A Spot Remover

Thanks for the tip! (12/04/2008)

By autumnjoy6

Bottle of Dawn Dish Soap
Using Dawn Dish Soap as a Stain Remover
dawn for fleas
Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas
Carpet Stain
Carpet Stain Remover Recipes
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Homemade Varnish Remover, Up close photo of varnished wood.
Homemade Varnish Remover