Use Parchment Paper For Baking Cookies

When baking cookies that tend to stick to the pan, use parchment paper made for baking. That way you don't have to use a chisel or throw away your pan, or worse yet; have to soak the pan for a week!

Source: The source is from my own cookbook, "The Duchess and The Cowboy"

By Leea R. from Grants Pass, Oregon

Use Parchment Paper For Baking Cookies

You are so right. I don't know why I had not used parchment paper before (other than the cost). The cookies come out better and do not tend to spread as much and you don't even have to wash the cookie sheets. I use it when baking scones too.

If I am only making a few cookies at a time from my frozen dough I wipe off the crumbs with a small piece of paper towel and fold up and roll up the paper with a rubber band and stick it in the freezer to reuse.

I figured out the cost once and it was less than 10 cents per sheet. I don't remember if that was before coupons or not. Reynolds has $1 off coupons for it quite often especially during the holidays when it tends to go on sale too.

Ad (02/05/2010)

By Kaelle

Use Parchment Paper For Baking Cookies

I just started doing this, too. I also line my bread pan with parchment paper when I make my "Extreme Banana Nut Bread". (02/06/2010)

By Maryeileen

Young Boy and Girl Baking Cookies
Baking Cookies - Tips and Tricks
Paper pieced quilt top, endless chains pattern.
Making a Paper Pieced Quilt
How To Recycle Paper
Making Recycled Paper
Keeping Homemade Cookies Fresh
Keeping Homemade Cookies Fresh
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper