Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies
Many people love oatmeal cookies. Eating a gluten free diet doesn't mean that you have to miss out on these delicious cookies. This is a page about making gluten free oatmeal cookies.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Finally, a gluten free cookie I love! I usually don't like gluten free cookies because I can really taste the "gluten free" element, but not in these. They have more ground gluten free oatmeal than flour substitutes, and are packed full of walnuts and chocolate chips.
*If you'd like to make these non gluten free and still absolutely delicious, use 1/2 cup oatmeal (non ground) and 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Total Time: 32 minutes
Yield: 20-24 cookies
- 2 cups gluten free oats (to ground)
- 1/4 cup gluten free baking flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a food processor, pulse the 2 cups of oats until it's a fine powder.
- In a large bowl, mix together this oat flour, the gluten free baking flour, the baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix together melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla, lemon juice, and eggs until smooth.
- Stir this wet mixture into the flour mixture until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips, 1/2 cup oats, and walnuts.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place 2 tablespoon balls of dough onto the sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, until edges are browned. Allow to cool before enjoying.
These cookies always get rave reviews so this has long been one of my favorite recipes. Also, the recipe is gluten free! I was glad to share it with my friend who has celiac disease.Read More...