Use Tea Tree Oil to Repel Head Lice

Once you get rid of head lice you should put 10 drops of tea tree oil in your shampoo and conditioner bottle, and you will never get it again. There is something in it the the lice do not like, and they will stay off your head. You can also do 10 drops of tea tree oil and some water in a small spray bottle and spray on hats, furniture, seats in your car, etc. I am a firm believer this really works!

By Laura from Orestes, IN

Answers:

Use Tea Tree Oil to Repel Head Lice

You are right there. I use tea tree shampoo and conditioner from Swawson. (06/17/2009)

By Joyce wis

Use Tea Tree Oil to Repel Head Lice

My DD was sent home last year with head lice, and one other girl was sent home. The next week, they were both sent home again with head lice, along with a third girl. It was the third girl that must have had it to begin with because neither girl had it again after that. I am going to get some tee tree oil and put it in my DD's shampoo. Thank you for sharing this. (06/17/2009)

By jmz2005

Use Tea Tree Oil to Repel Head Lice

I love tea tree oil. It has really helped my rosacea. It's good to know this hint, just in case! (06/17/2009)

By mulberry204

Use Tea Tree Oil to Repel Head Lice

Please be careful not to use on furniture, if you have cats. Cats can get sick and even die with exposure to tea tree oil. Even the particulates in the air released by the essential oil can cause concern. (06/17/2009)

By Chiismychi

Use Tea Tree Oil to Repel Head Lice

I would like to add that my podiatrist suggested I use it on my nail fungus. The directions say to mix tea tree oil with a carrier oil such as olive oil, and it will absorb through the nail to where the fungus starts. (06/17/2009)

By coreenhart

Use Tea Tree Oil to Repel Head Lice

I do the spray bottle and every morning after I brush my daughter's hair she gets sprayed with it. I started that when she started school. ;) (06/17/2009)

By bjarrett

Use Tea Tree Oil to Repel Head Lice

Wish I'd known this tip years ago, when my kids were fighting the problem (and the embarrassment!). Could've maybe saved my daughters' beautiful hair that summer. They looked like Sinead O'Connor for a few weeks! (06/21/2009)

By JustPlainJo