Uses for Bubble Wrap

Bubble wrap is used to protect the contents of many packages shipped to our homes. Don't throw it away; it can be reused. This is a guide about uses for bubble wrap.

June 17, 2010 Flag

While looking for something to go into the bottom of vases to hold flowers for my daughter's wedding and keep the costs down, I ran across some bubble wrap laying around that was shaped like ice cubes. I cut two piece about 4 inches wide and 6 inches long. I laid each piece in the bottom of the vase and up the sides on either side of the vase. When I added the flowers to the vase, it looked so very much like the vase held ice cubes and was very attractive. I got loads of compliments on the flower arrangements.

Although not a great picture, you can at least get an idea of what I am saying.

By maphisx7 from Gordonsville, VA

That is a great idea. A few weeks ago when our church was having a yard sale we had many vases donated and several of like new silk and plastic flowers really nice ones So I wanted to sell both the vases and flowers. I had no bubble wrap but did use colored tissue paper from the Sunday school room to put into the vases used a color that would bring out a color in some of the flowers they all went but one. Charged 1.00 for both vase and flowers, was 9 of them and that one we can use in the dining area when we have our monthly church supper.

February 1, 2011 Flag

Put bubble wrap between your pots and pans to protect them from scratching each other.

Bubble Wrap to Protect Stacked Pots

November 11, 2009 Flag

Just read a tip in Ready Made magazine about putting up bubble wrap on a window with tape to mask a bathroom window. I am going one step further. Because bubble wrap also has insulating qualities, I am putting it on a window that needs to be insulated for the winter. To make it decorative, I am going to color in some of the bubbles in a pattern with permanent marker to create a "Stained window effect" - (Great for the kids to do?) PLUS I am utilizing recycled bubble wrap from mailings I have received. So cost = $0

By pamphyila from L.A., CA

Excellent idea!

September 6, 2013 Flag

I use bubble wrap as the liner in my veggie drawers in the refrigerator. Veggies keep better and when they get soiled just toss and replace.

June 30, 2010 Flag

I love long hot baths, but even though I have an older and roomier bathtub the valve around the faucet still drains off the water and lowers the water level. I have found that I can stop up that drain by stopping it with squares of bubble wrap.

March 6, 2013 Flag

I run this as an activity at playgroup: bubble wrap tentacles of a giant squid. Great for kids age 2 - 8 yrs. Just add bubble wrap, acrylic paint, paper and kids.

Bubble Wrap Squid

June 2, 2006 Flag

Save that bubble wrap you get in packages! It's pricey if you have to buy it and it really does come in handy for all sorts of packing things to mail, even packing up little delicate objects.

April 21, 2010 Flag

I use to garden in Coquille, OR. The weather really fluctuates. I grew veggies and herbs in those big black containers. I wrapped the outside of containers in bubble wrap-sealed with a glue gun. It maintained a more even temperature for the plants.

Better Living Green Living ReusingJanuary 18, 2013
Lilac Bubble Bath
Lilac Bubble Bath
Packing Materials
Reusing Packing Materials
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
Plastic Wrap
Uses for an Empty Plastic Wrap Roll