Uses for Bubble Wrap

Bubble wrap is used to protect the contents of many packages shipped to our homes. Don't throw it away; it can be reused. This is a guide about uses for bubble wrap.

Uses for Bubble Wrap
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Use Bubble Wrap in VasesWhile looking for something to go into the bottom of vases to hold flowers for my daughter's wedding and keep the costs down, I ran across some bubble wrap laying around that was shaped like ice cubes. I cut two piece about 4 inches wide and 6 inches long. I laid each piece in the bottom of the vase and up the sides on either side of the vase. When I added the flowers to the vase, it looked so very much like the vase held ice cubes and was very attractive. I got loads of compliments on the flower arrangements.

Although not a great picture, you can at least get an idea of what I am saying.

By maphisx7 from Gordonsville, VA

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Put bubble wrap between your pots and pans to protect them from scratching each other.

Bubble Wrap to Protect Stacked Pots

I use bubble wrap as the liner in my veggie drawers in the refrigerator. Veggies keep better and when they get soiled just toss and replace. This lets air circulate better too.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Just read a tip in Ready Made magazine about putting up bubble wrap on a window with tape to mask a bathroom window. I am going one step further. Because bubble wrap also has insulating qualities, I am putting it on a window that needs to be insulated for the winter. To make it decorative, I am going to color in some of the bubbles in a pattern with permanent marker to create a "Stained window effect" - (Great for the kids to do?) PLUS I am utilizing recycled bubble wrap from mailings I have received. So cost = $0

By pamphyila from L.A., CA

I love long hot baths, but even though I have an older and roomier bathtub the valve around the faucet still drains off the water and lowers the water level. I have found that I can stop up that drain by stopping it with squares of bubble wrap. I push them into the holes on either side and there is some left over, so they are quite easily taken out so now I can enjoy a nice FULL bath at home.

By pamphyila from L.A., CA

I run this as an activity at playgroup: bubble wrap tentacles of a giant squid. Great for kids age 2 - 8 yrs. Just add bubble wrap, acrylic paint, paper and kids.

Bubble Wrap Squid

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Save that bubble wrap you get in packages! It's pricey if you have to buy it and it really does come in handy for all sorts of packing things to mail, even packing up little delicate objects.

I use to garden in Coquille, OR. The weather really fluctuates. I grew veggies and herbs in those big black containers. I wrapped the outside of containers in bubble wrap-sealed with a glue gun. It maintained a more even temperature for the plants.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Better Living Green Living ReusingJanuary 18, 2013
    Lilac Bubble Bath
    Lilac Bubble Bath
    Packing Materials
    Reusing Packing Materials
    Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
    Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
    Plastic Wrap
    Uses for an Empty Plastic Wrap Roll
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 25, 2016 at 4:42:49 PM on 10.0.1.204 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.