ReusingGreen Living

Uses for Day Planners

Category Reusing

I recently saw a tip for uses for a day planner, but didn't get a chance to check it out. Would like to find this tip again. Thank you.

By ALBailey from LaFayette, GA

I am not aware of the post of the uses for a day planner but I have a day planner on my home office desk for daily use and it fits in my purse for going out for errands and appointments. I have 3 small binder clips on my day planner which by the way I purchased at the Dollar Tree. I attach a binder clip at the front and back of the planner; the third binder clip is the "bookmark" of the current date. Appointment cards from doctors, dentist, hairdresser, etc. are clipped to the inside of the front page, a notation on that date is written on the date of the month page; a small package of post-it notes are stored inside the small pocket on the front and back page; sheet notes which are the size of the planner are placed in the back page for making lists or notes to remember. The personal information page is filled out completely with pertinent information that might be helpful in case of an emergency. A writing pen is attached to the front of the planner. I have placed an address label on the front of the planner with my name, address and phone number on it for ID purposes in case of loss of the planner.I always purchase a day planner that has plenty of spaces to write notes in the columns of the date and a memo place at the bottom of each month page for additional notes. I do not put any financial information listed in this day planner, I have another planner that I use for those purposes. As a teacher goes through their day with their lesson plan book, I go through my month with my day planner along with calendars on my pantry door, bathroom and my home office where the household accounts and calendar for financial purposes is kept.