Warning: Don't Reuse Coffee Grounds Day After Day

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 969 Posts

A coffee filter with used coffee grounds.Caution: This is a "what not to do" with food tip!

Most of the time, I can assure you that I have a positive connection to food and would never diss' any of it. This article is no exception, but I just had to warn you all about something I just discovered.

I am staying with some friends, helping out with an MS patient for my "keep". I don't have to buy much in the way of food, which I am grateful for. That includes the morning coffee.

However, I am sick right now and I finally figured out why.

The host told me how me makes the coffee in the morning and I just had my last cup.

Say today is day one, he pours in the water from the tap, adds the amount of coffee for the water, then brews it. Tomorrow, he would take the coffee left over, plus what he didn't drink from his thermos, and add enough fresh water to make it a pot, then scoop some more coffee onto the used grounds from yesterday. The third day, he would do the same.

No wonder I am sick.

If you know this is happening, I advise two things. First off, invest in your own coffee maker and enjoy a fresh, clean, and perfect cup in the morning. If that's not an option, invest in the coffee bags that are like big tea bags. They are very good, only cost $.19 each, and you don't even need a coffee maker.

Either way, protect your poor tummy like I will from now on.

Hope this helps,

Sandi/Poor But Proud

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Sweet Home, OR

In These Pages
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food SafetyJuly 23, 2017
🌻
🐛
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Warning-Dont-Reuse-Coffee-Grounds-Day-After-Day-1.html