Uses for Disinfectant Wipe Containers

Category Reusing
These plastic containers can be reused in a variety of ways. This guide is about uses for disinfectant wipe containers.

Disinfectant Wipe Containers for Yarn Storage: Have you ever gone to wipe your shopping cart off with those disinfectant wipes but found the container was empty. When this happens to me, I take the empty container to the nearest cashier and let them know the container is empty (so they can replace it). Then I ask if I can keep the empty container for storing my yarn. These containers are just the right size to put a whole skein or ball of yarn in to stop your frisky cat from attacking your yarn when you knit or crochet! Just dump out the remaining alcohol and let dry. Then simply put the skein (or ball) of yarn into the container and thread the end of the yarn through the cross-cut opening at the top. Then you can knit or crochet away!

There's even enough room to store your crochet hook or double sided knitting needles in there with your yarn. And even if you don't have a cat, these containers are a great way to transport your yarn with you if you're like me and like to knit while your hubby drives on trips or to take on vacations, camping and such. The container protects your yarn from dirt, debris and tangling.

Anyone have any other ideas of ways to use these containers cause I have a bunch?

By Cyinda from Seattle

What is J cloth and where can I buy it? Great idea?

Thank you,

Sue

Does anyone have any craft ideas for cleaning wipe containers (such as Clorox, Lysol)? I use a lot of them and would like to be able to use the containers for something?

Thanks,
s0128g from Newark, DE

I'm a avid gardner so my thoughts go there.I take the big red plastic containers that my meat comes in and make a cactus/rock garden.Also I use the green swifter jet dry containers with flowers too. Something that won't get very big and be overgrown and look ugly. Jackie

We do this with Pringle cans, but it would work with the wipe containers too: Cut a piece of construction paper to fit inside, dip a marble in paint, drop it in, put on the lid and roll the marble around. Try using more than one color of paint each time you re -dip the marble. Kids have a lot of fun and clean up is easy. All of the mess is inside the container!

You could make your own wipes. We have done this for baby wipes. Use Bounty paper towels. Cut the roll in half to fit. An electric knife works well for this. Then pour your cleaner in and shake it up. For baby wipes there is a recipe using baby shampoo.

Anonymous

AS AN EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT, I AM LOOKING FOR CONTAINERS TO STORE ITEMS IN THE CLASSROOM IN. I USE THE CLOROX WIPES CONTAINERS TO STORE UNSHARPENED PENCILS; THE STANDARD #2 PENCILS FIT NICELY INSIDE THE CAN; THE TOP FITS ALSO. I LABEL THE CONTAINER "UNSHARPENED PENCILS" AND KEEP BY THE PENCIL SHARPENER IN THE CLASSROOM. SHARPENED PENCILS COULD BE STORED IN THESE CONTAINERS WITHOUT THE TOP; THE POINTED END OF THE PENCILS SHOULD BE FACE UP IN THE CONTAINER. WHEN A CHILD NEEDS A SHARPENED PENCIL, THEY COULD GET ONE FROM THE SHARPENED PENCIL CONTAINER; PLACE THEIR UNSHARPENED PENCIL IN THE "UNSHARPENED PENCIL" CONTAINER; KEEP SHARPENING THE UNSHARPENED PENCILS TO KEEP THE SHARPENED PENCIL CONTAINER FULL OF PENCILS. THE CHILDREN LEARN THE RESPONSIBILITY ON THEIR OWN OF GETTING A SHARPENED PENCIL FROM THE PENCIL BOXES.

I ALSO STORE CLOTHESPINS, BUTTONS, COTTON BALLS, BEANS AND OTHER CRAFT ITEMS IN THEM; LABELS ARE PUT ON THE CONTAINERS; THESE ITEMS ARE STORED IN A RUBBERMAID BOX IN THE ROOM.

Keep one to store plastic grocery bags in. It holds a ton of them