Uses for Leftover Condiment Packets

A collection of left over fast food condiments can be useful for other occasions. This guide is about uses for leftover condiment packets.

Filter Sort

Tip: Save Condiment Packets

By Julia 147 1,074

We have college students who meet here several times a week. They often stop by and pick up their dinner at some fast-food restaurant, unless I'm cooking for the study groups. Their bags often contain packets of ketchup, salt and pepper, Parmesan cheese, sweet and sour, or duck sauce, soy sauce, hot mustard, taco sauces, etc. So much of that was being thrown in the garbage along with the sacks they came in.

I started saving them and store them in a large empty oatmeal box which I covered with plain white paper and labeled. Now if the young people don't have enough of something, they know to go to that box and help themselves.

I can't tell you how many times I've raided that box myself to find ketchup when I'm making chili, and need a bit of sweet for my tomatoes instead of using sugar, or soy for stir-fried rice. It might not save me all that much money, unless you count the gas it'd take to get to a store to buy something.

I also save the extra napkins and wrapped straws the students being in. They all know where to find them if they forget to pick them up at the take-out counters.

By Julia from Boca Raton, FL

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Non-brewed Condiment

Can anyone please tell me the difference between vinegar and non-brewed condiment? i.e. when asked to use vinegar in a recipe - will non-brewed condiment (as bought in fish and chip shops) be a suitable alternative?
- Jeanne G.

Jeanne G

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Avoid this filth like the plague. It is perfectly good for no culinary uses, although excellent as a low-cost 'cologne' to a certain type of gentleman.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Leftover Condiment Packets

I have a bag in the refrigerator to place the little packets of condiments left over from fast food restaurants. Make the perfect size for the lunch box and best of all they are free!

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Condiment Packets
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsMay 16, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
ketchup lids
Keeping Condiment Bottle Lids Clean
Mayonnaise in dish with fresh basil leaves.
Fat Free Mayonnaise Recipes
Package of Ramen Noodles
Uses for Ramen Seasoning Packets
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 13, 2016 at 2:29:51 AM on 10.0.0.118 in 734 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings