Keeping Condiment Bottle Lids Clean

Category Kitchen
Condiment bottle lids, such as ketchup can get very messy from use. This is a guide about keeping condiment bottle lids clean.

In a house with kids, the ketchup bottle lid inevitably gets gross. I kept a lid from a previous bottle and ran it through the dishwasher. Now whenever the current bottles lid is too yucky, I switch out the lid. I clean the dirty one, then place it in the drawer for the next time I want to swap them. :)

Condiment lids get really icky and need to be cleaned like most anything else does. My ickiest one is catsup! Every once in awhile, take off the cap and soak it a little while in water (I drop mine into a coffee cup that also needs soaked a bit) and the buildup comes off easy. The same goes for the chocolate syrup lid.

A really great way to make short work of all the dirty lids (including in the bathrooms) is to use the steamer! It cleans all those little ridges out (like on the lid of the mouthwash and toothpaste) with basically no effort!

The salt and pepper shakers get the dusty kitchen grease-like build up as well, so place a small bit of plastic wrap under the cap and twist it back on (like you would to take it camping - to moisture proof it) and steam them.