Question

Share | Account | About
Share>Account>About>

Uses for Silverware Trays

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Utensil Holder Bathroom Organizer

Silverware drawer dividers can be used in a variety ways around the house. This guide is about used for silverware trays.

Solutions: Uses for Silverware Trays

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Use Silverware Trays to Organize Drawers

Use silverware sorter trays in the bathroom for make-up, toothbrushes, dental floss, etc. The trays are also useful for organizing in a sewing/craft area.

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

Tip: Use Silverware Tray to Organize Makeup Drawer

I used to hate my makeup drawer! Now I use the silverware trays from the dollar store to organize my cosmetics! It works great and when it gets dirty I can just toss it in the dishwasher! I even stack one on top of the other. I put less used makeups in the bottom one!

By ivorylov from Ocala, FL

Tip: Silverware Organizer for Sewing Basket

Use a silverware drawer divider in your sewing basket to organize your thread, scissors, needles, and whatever gets collected there. They are easily cut down between the dividers. I moved one of the slots on one side to the end of my sewing basket.

On the lid I hot glued a piece of cardboard covered with batting and felt, ran elastic over the four corners to slip packages of needles or other miscellaneous items under to keep right at hand. A piece of red felt cut into the shape of a heart works to hold threaded needles of several colors ready to be used.

The project I am currently working on, such as pillowcases, is in a gallon Ziploc and lays on top of the tray out of site until I am ready for it. No more hunting for my scissors, needles, or current project supplies, they are right at my side.

By latrtatr from Loup City, NE

Tip: Use Old Silverware Trays For Organizing

I have found wonderful uses for old silverware trays. Mine happen to be wooden but the plastic ones would work as well. The first one I use in my top desk drawer and it separates my pens, pencils, markers, erasers, etc. It stays neat and makes it easy to see when the pencils need sharpening at a glance.

The second one I use to organize all my household batteries. I keep them separated in the slots according to size and it has been a godsend, as we live in an area where we have power outages frequently. It actually has a neat and orderly look to the top of the refrigerator also. I don't see why these trays would also be a good idea for jewelry or in the garage. The uses are endless, and I am planning on using one for my upcoming garage sale as a change tray during the sale. Good luck in your uses!

Source: I created my own need.

By Denise from Crescent City, CA

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!