Uses for Silverware Trays

Silverware drawer dividers can be used in a variety ways around the house. This guide is about used for silverware trays.

Utensil Holder Bathroom Organizer
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

June 16, 2016 Flag

I found this for .50 at a local yard sale. I find that most of these trays are a bit slanted so you can't use them for shelving. But this one was perfect in 3 ways.

Turn a Silverware Tray into a Small Shelf

One, it was square. Two, it was a mesh which meant I could hang things from the bottom, too. And three, it was black to match my bathroom colors.

As an artist uses a blank canvas for inspiration, I hung this up and then put things from my bathroom in it. This would work for your kitchen spices, knick knacks, a collection, an office, or even a hobby/craft room.

It was the best .50 I have spent in a while. I really love the ability to hang my jewelry.

N-JOY!!

Turn a Silverware Tray into a Small ShelfTurn a Silverware Tray into a Small Shelf

Source: Been doing new things with old things for years.

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 24, 2009 Flag

I used to hate my makeup drawer! Now I use the silverware trays from the dollar store to organize my cosmetics! It works great and when it gets dirty I can just toss it in the dishwasher! I even stack one on top of the other. I put less used makeups in the bottom one!

By ivorylov from Ocala, FL

August 3, 2010 Flag

Use silverware sorter trays in the bathroom for make-up, toothbrushes, dental floss, etc. The trays are also useful for organizing in a sewing/craft area.

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

April 16, 2008 Flag

I have found wonderful uses for old silverware trays. Mine happen to be wooden but the plastic ones would work as well. The first one I use in my top desk drawer and it separates my pens, pencils, markers, erasers, etc.

March 23, 2010 Flag

Use a silverware drawer divider in your sewing basket to organize your thread, scissors, needles, and whatever gets collected there. They are easily cut down between the dividers. I moved one of the slots on one side to the end of my sewing basket.

Organizing MiscellaneousJune 24, 2012
    A polished set of silverware
    Storing Silverware
    TV Dinner Tray
    Buying TV Dinner Trays
    old silverware
    Uses for Old Silverware
    Finished Wind Chimes
    Silverware Wind Chimes
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 27, 2016 at 1:03:31 AM on 10.0.2.150 in 895 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.