Uses for Silverware Trays

Silverware drawer dividers can be used in a variety ways around the house. This guide is about used for silverware trays.

Utensil Holder Bathroom Organizer
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I used to hate my makeup drawer! Now I use the silverware trays from the dollar store to organize my cosmetics! It works great and when it gets dirty I can just toss it in the dishwasher! I even stack one on top of the other. I put less used makeups in the bottom one!

By ivorylov from Ocala, FL

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Use silverware sorter trays in the bathroom for make-up, toothbrushes, dental floss, etc. The trays are also useful for organizing in a sewing/craft area.

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have found wonderful uses for old silverware trays. Mine happen to be wooden but the plastic ones would work as well. The first one I use in my top desk drawer and it separates my pens, pencils, markers, erasers, etc. It stays neat and makes it easy to see when the pencils need sharpening at a glance.

The second one I use to organize all my household batteries. I keep them separated in the slots according to size and it has been a godsend, as we live in an area where we have power outages frequently. It actually has a neat and orderly look to the top of the refrigerator also. I don't see why these trays would also be a good idea for jewelry or in the garage. The uses are endless, and I am planning on using one for my upcoming garage sale as a change tray during the sale. Good luck in your uses!

Source: I created my own need.

By Denise from Crescent City, CA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Use a silverware drawer divider in your sewing basket to organize your thread, scissors, needles, and whatever gets collected there. They are easily cut down between the dividers. I moved one of the slots on one side to the end of my sewing basket.

On the lid I hot glued a piece of cardboard covered with batting and felt, ran elastic over the four corners to slip packages of needles or other miscellaneous items under to keep right at hand. A piece of red felt cut into the shape of a heart works to hold threaded needles of several colors ready to be used.

The project I am currently working on, such as pillowcases, is in a gallon Ziploc and lays on top of the tray out of site until I am ready for it. No more hunting for my scissors, needles, or current project supplies, they are right at my side.

By latrtatr from Loup City, NE

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Organizing MiscellaneousJune 24, 2012
A polished set of silverware
Storing Silverware
TV Dinner Tray
Buying TV Dinner Trays
old silverware
Uses for Old Silverware
Finished Wind Chimes
Silverware Wind Chimes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 11:19:55 AM on 10.0.0.137 in 485 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.