Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Uses for Silverware Trays

Silverware drawer dividers can be used in a variety ways around the house. This guide is about used for silverware trays.

June 16, 2016 Flag

I found this for .50 at a local yard sale. I find that most of these trays are a bit slanted so you can't use them for shelving. But this one was perfect in 3 ways.

One, it was square. Two, it was a mesh which meant I could hang things from the bottom, too. And three, it was black to match my bathroom colors.

As an artist uses a blank canvas for inspiration, I hung this up and then put things from my bathroom in it. This would work for your kitchen spices, knick knacks, a collection, an office, or even a hobby/craft room.

It was the best .50 I have spent in a while. I really love the ability to hang my jewelry.

N-JOY!!

Source: Been doing new things with old things for years.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

That is so cute. I really love the idea. I think your shelf is pretty and glamorous. Thank you for sharing. I love your tips.

April 24, 2009 Flag

I used to hate my makeup drawer! Now I use the silverware trays from the dollar store to organize my cosmetics! It works great and when it gets dirty I can just toss it in the dishwasher! I even stack one on top of the other. I put less used makeups in the bottom one!

By ivorylov from Ocala, FL

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Very good idea, I already use one for our computer desk. So nice to know there are other creative people in this world.

August 3, 2010 Flag

Use silverware sorter trays in the bathroom for make-up, toothbrushes, dental floss, etc. The trays are also useful for organizing in a sewing/craft area.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 16, 2008 Flag

I have found wonderful uses for old silverware trays. Mine happen to be wooden but the plastic ones would work as well. The first one I use in my top desk drawer and it separates my pens, pencils, markers, erasers, etc.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 23, 2010 Flag

Use a silverware drawer divider in your sewing basket to organize your thread, scissors, needles, and whatever gets collected there. They are easily cut down between the dividers. I moved one of the slots on one side to the end of my sewing basket.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Organizing MiscellaneousJune 24, 2012
A polished set of silverware
Storing Silverware
TV Dinner Tray
Buying TV Dinner Trays
old silverware
Uses for Old Silverware
Finished Wind Chimes
Silverware Wind Chimes
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 18, 2017 at 4:21:35 PM on 10.0.0.166 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.