Using Broccoli Stems

You don't have to throw away those broccoli stems. They can be cooked with broccoli flowers if you cut them into bite size pieces and cut an "x" in each end.

Using Broccoli Stems

I peel them and cut them into sticks. The kids love them. They are great for dipping into ranch or onion dip. (06/09/2006)

By Marta

Using Broccoli Stems

A second in the food processor to shred them (raw) works great! I can mix them in my meatloaf or toss them in my salads or fritattas. Mmm! (06/09/2006)

By Carol

Using Broccoli Stems

Broccoli stems shredded with carrot makes a great foundation for Broccoli Slaw.They charge for this in the markets! (06/09/2006)

Using Broccoli Stems

Just curious -- why do you have to cut an "x" in the end? (06/12/2006)

By Kathy

Using Broccoli Stems

I peel the outside of the broccoli stalks with a vegetable peeler and slice the insides up to use in stir-fry. (07/09/2007)

By badwater

Two heads of broccoli.
Saving Money on Broccoli
Red amaranth flowers.
Growing Amaranth
Frozen broccoli pieces on a plate.
Freezing Broccoli
Growing Broccoli, Storing Broccoli, Canning Broccoli
Growing Broccoli
Broccoli Rabe
Recipes Using Broccoli Rabe