Using Magic Jack

Using a computer phone service can present challenges. This guide is about using Magic Jack.

Using Magic Jack
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Can you use the Magic Jack phone with satellite internet? I would love to cancel my phone service and dial up and get satellite. I've read the reviews on the site and am willing to try it to save money. Thanks.

Mindy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I still have my old magic jack, but the call quality is somewhat good and bad, but I gave magic jack another try by purchasing their new magic jack plus unit. Guess what, this upgrade is totally awesome, no dropped calls and sound quality is like just my regular phone line, no low sounds quality. I have it connected directly to my wireless router and always on (without my computer being on). Good job Magic Jack!

Read More Answers...

Does the computer have to be on for the phone to work when using Magic Jack?

Polly

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Yes your computer has to be on. It can be in a sleep state or hibernate but you cant completely turn it off, the phone wont work. I use to have Vonage which basically works the same way as magic jack, you need the internet in order for it to work. Also if your in the process of restarting your computer, which shuts down the MJ, it wont work either and MJ will have to reload but once your on, your golden.

Read More Answers...

I have DSL with AT&T. Can I use Magic Jack Plus?

By Irmi M.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have DSL and also use MagicJack Plus. Works great!

How do you add a personal greeting to magicJack voice mail?

By Glenda from Mercedes, TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It's really easy to record your own message with Magic Jack. When you call your number to get your voice mail messages, immediately press zero, which takes you to a menu to record a variety of different things. (You can do this either from your phone handset, or from your computer itself) From there, it gives you the option to record an "away" or "busy" message, a regular voice mail greeting, or just your name, if you wish. Just choose the voice mail greeting. Easy to do and you can change it as often as you want. I love my Magic Jack & have never had problems with it. Hope this helps. :)

Computers TipsDecember 3, 2012
Cupcake decorated as a jack-o-lantern.
Making Jack-O-Lantern Cupcakes
star shaped magic wand
Magic Wand Crafts
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Jack Sparrow Costume
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
Cleaning With Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 3, 2016 at 9:18:52 PM on 10.0.0.77 in 381 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.