Using Non-Stick Cookware

Many cooks have some type of non-stick cookware in their kitchen. This is a guide about using non-stick cookware.

Non-Stick Frying Pan
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 24, 2010 Flag

I want to share something my oncologist told me. He said he hopes I will replace all my "non-stick" cookware with good stainless steel products. He was very definite about this. Since I have come through the surgery and am now cancer free, I will do all he asks. It would be a small price to pay, wouldn't it, to help your body all you can? He has even written a great cookbook for cancer patients.

So, I hope if you are going through cancer or know someone that is, you will spread the word. Start small and add to your cookware as you can. Thanks for reading!

By MS.Scarlett from Oceanside, CA

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 27, 2006 Flag

Does anyone else have a problem with their T-Fal cookware sticking? It seemed like when I would wash my skillet in the dishwasher that it came out a different color and the food in it would stick. Are you not supposed to put T-Fal cookware in the dishwasher? I paid a lot of money (in my opinion) to get pots and pans that don't stick. Is there something I can do to make the skillet nonstick again? Help!

(btw, I hand wash it in the sink now)

luv2craft from Normalville, Pennsylvania

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I've always been taught to NEVER put ANYTHING non stick in the dishwasher because it ruins the non stick coating.

The coating on the inside of pans coming off. Does anyone know if this is harmful to still keep cooking and using pans?

I finally just gave up on my T-Fal skillet and trashed it. I went to good ol Wally World and replaced it for $5.00! Surprising to me. It's not quite as big as the other one was, like it's the next step down, but since I'm just cooking for me now. It's ok.

I had a set of T-Fal for about 10 years and I washed it in the dishwasher, they only problem I had with that is that the prongs in the dishwasher tended to make little nicks in the finish. Summer of 2009, I bought I set of Paula Deene cookware that was non-stick and it did say not to wash in the dishwasher and also to not use oils of sprays in it.

Read More Answers...

January 10, 2010 Flag

How can I renew the non-stick in my pots?

By Shirely from AL

Not safe when it comes to cooking and ingesting food once the coating starts coming off but you don't need to throw them away either! Recycle!

I had a really, really large one where the Teflon was coming off and I now use it for a pedicure soap and water soak and a medium large size one I use for water and vinegar solution for cleaning :-) You could also use some of the pots as planters ;-)

Use the pan as a double broiler. Only to put water in. Can be used as a double boiler to make candles in, also.

http://tuberose.com/Teflon.html

You should rid all similar cookware as well as Aluminum [has been linked to Alzheimers]. Quality Stain. Steel cleans as well as the coated items; is lifetime durable and is an addition to your kitchen. The large Dept. stores are always having Sales; as well as searching the Internet for pricing.

Aluminum cookware is not unsafe nor has it been scientifically proven to cause Alzheimer's! We have more of a chance of receiving excess aluminum in our systems taking medications, including antacids! http://www.ehso.com/ehshome/alzheimers.htm

Read More Answers...

April 29, 2012 Flag

How do you like the "green" pans, the Orgreenic pans? I bought one and it was non-stick for awhile, but now it sticks like everything else. I seasoned it right and did all I was supposed to do. Anyone else not loving it?

By Linda from Eustis, FL

HI I would be very careful who you buy from, my son signed up for a set they were to give him 5 payment to pay for it but ended up charging the whole amount at once.which overdrew his bank account which cost him 185 in bank fees. They also never sent the set to him. It sounds good as far as the videos go though, I found one small fry pan at Walmart so as for me if I can get a set at a store even if it cost more, at least it is better to be safe then sorry

December 2, 2010 Flag

How do I clean up pan bottoms? They are non-stick cookware.

By Dorcas from Newfield, NY

If you are talking about the outside of the pan, you should be able to use SOS soap pads, or schouring powder of any kind.

If it is on the outside of the pot or pan, use oven cleaner. If it is on the inside, a "bounce" or other dryer sheet will loosen stuck on stuff. Just put it in the pan, fill with water and leave overnight.

I use Barkeepers Friend for the bottom of my pans, and they still look like new. It's a powdered cleanser like Comet, etc., but it is not abrasive at all. You can buy it at Walmart and most grocery stores. Works really well.

February 12, 2007 Flag

I have a non-stick fry pan that has rubber on the handle. Is it true that if I cover the handle with foil, I can put it in the oven?

Holly from Bedford, NH

My advice: No. Unless its directions specifically states it will withstand oven use and to what temperature, use another pan. Only attempt this experiment if you're willing to throw it away afterwards.

I have put mine in the oven but not at a high temp. (400 and above)

Use heavy duty foil or double up on the least expensive.

The handle is probably not rubber, but silicone. Some of these handles can withstand normal oven heat, but it is wiser to contact the manufacturer's website and get the recommended limits for the pan. I have such a product from Kitchenaid and the handles are safe to 450 degrees. Good luck.

I found they will withstand fairly high temperatures, Problem is the handles don't seem to last as long, They start to crumble far far sooner and then you have to throw the pan out, Not worth it in my book, Buy a proper oven dish and use it, you can get the ones that will go from stove top to oven, Buy those

January 29, 2013 Flag

I really love this ceramic frying pan. It has an aluminum core and it works without any butter or anything. I am so happy with it, I had to share it on this site.

I got it two days ago and it was under $20, if I am not mistaken.

OrGREENiC Ceramic Green Non-Stick Fry Pan

March 2, 2011 Flag

Non-stick pans/skillets will keep their finish longer if you lightly coat them with oil. The non-stick finish is porous and will benefit from this conditioning. This really helps especially if you put any of these pans in the dishwasher. I do this when I buy any new pans/skillets that are non-stick and repeat the conditioning on occasion after using it awhile. I do not recommend putting non-stick pans in the dishwasher, even if the manufacturer says it is safe. The pan may come clean but the finish will break down faster.

By mkymlp from NE PA /USA

Food and Recipes Food Tips Kitchen ToolsJanuary 29, 2013
    A badly burned stainless steel pan
    Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
    Teflon Pan
    Cooking With Teflon Cookware
    Stainless Steel Pot
    Using Stainless Steel Cookware
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 30, 2016 at 2:05:50 PM on 10.0.0.32 in 328 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.