Broiler Creates Too Much Smoke in Kitchen

Category Kitchen Tools
Having adequate ventilation when broiling is important. This guide is about broiler creates too much smoke in kitchen.

It seems that every time I use my broiler, the smoke detector goes off. I read somewhere that if you put water in the bottom of the broiler pan it would cut down the smoke. Does anyone have any ideas for what to do?

Carol

Answers

Best Answer

In response to the smoke alarm problem. I too had a very sensitive alarm, overtime I used my oven or fried anything the alarm would sound off. It became very embarrassing for me as I was sure everyone in the neighborhood heard it. My solution was to replace mine with a new one. Problem solved. It has since been brought to my attention that smoke alarms should be replaced after so many years. They eventually become too sensitive. My alarm was about 12 years old.

Wanda Bishop - Bristol, TN

By Greg Debus (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I have been in the fire safety business for over 22 years. This type of problem is the most common. Ionization type detectors sound easily to smoke from a kitchen. Replacing the detector with another ionization type detector does not fix the problem. Photoelectric type detectors are not designed for kitchen use either.

They are however much more dependable and reliable. Heat detectors are the best choice for areas of a home where smoke detectors are not designed for. i.e. kitchen, furnace, laundry room, attic, garage, etc. Anyone can contact me for more information.
Best Wishes

By glhman (Guest Post)

The problem is the type of smoke detector you have by the kitchen. There are two main types of smoke alarms. Replace the one in the kitchen with a photo detector and not the ionization type that is there now and this will stop most of those annoying alarms while cooking. The ionization detector reacts to the unseen particles from the cooking process thus the constant problems.