Using Pillow Shams for Extra Blankets

If you have pillow shams for your bed, you can fold extra blankets into the shape of a pillow and put it in the sham. This saves linen closet space, dresses up the bed and provides extra warmth on demand for your guests.

By Renee

Answers:

Using Pillow Shams for Storage

When pillowcases are on sale, I buy seasonal ones. Then I store my sheets, blankets, etc. in the appropriate ones. My autumn bedding is in autumn leaf pillowcases, my winter ones in snowflakes, etc.

When I want to change the bedding for a seasonal look, I don't have to search far. The pillowcases that come with the bedding do not get discolored or faded this way. In case you are wondering, I am disabled and have a bed in the living room and one in the TV room so I like to change the bedding so the biggest piece of furniture in the room is decorative and seasonal. (01/07/2005)

By Judi

Using Pillow Shams for Extra Blankets

This is really a good idea. Will try it,thanks for the hint.
(06/17/2009)

By Virginia

Store Extra Blankets in Cushion Covers
Neckties Tied to a Wooden Dowel
Making a Pillow Case Using Neck Ties
carseat pillow
Making a Child's Handle Pillow
dark pink zinnia pillow
Making a Zinnia Throw Pillow
Pillow Shams
Repurposing Pillow Shams
🎄