Using Pillow Shams for Extra Blankets

If you have pillow shams for your bed, you can fold extra blankets into the shape of a pillow and put it in the sham. This saves linen closet space, dresses up the bed and provides extra warmth on demand for your guests.

By Renee

Using Pillow Shams for Storage

When pillowcases are on sale, I buy seasonal ones. Then I store my sheets, blankets, etc. in the appropriate ones. My autumn bedding is in autumn leaf pillowcases, my winter ones in snowflakes, etc.

When I want to change the bedding for a seasonal look, I don't have to search far. The pillowcases that come with the bedding do not get discolored or faded this way. In case you are wondering, I am disabled and have a bed in the living room and one in the TV room so I like to change the bedding so the biggest piece of furniture in the room is decorative and seasonal. (01/07/2005)

By Judi

Using Pillow Shams for Extra Blankets

This is really a good idea. Will try it,thanks for the hint.

By Virginia

Store Extra Blankets in Cushion Covers
Neckties Tied to a Wooden Dowel
Making a Pillow Case Using Neck Ties
carseat pillow
Making a Child's Handle Pillow
dark pink zinnia pillow
Making a Zinnia Throw Pillow
Pillow Shams
Repurposing Pillow Shams