How to Make a Felt Dragon Scale Pillow
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
November 18, 2018
This is a fun project using coloured felt to cover a pillow. I used a coverless white accent pillow that I'd had for a decade that had started looking dull. You don't need any sewing skills, you just cut circles and hot glue them on. I love this pop of colour on my black and white bed set. It gives me the same joy I get when I start filling in a colouring book!
Total Time: 2 hours
Yield: 1 pillow
- several pieces of coloured felt
- something round like a jar lid
- hot glue gun with glue
- 1 pillow
- Place your round item over a piece of felt and trace with your pencil.
- Cut out the circle. You can layer pieces of felt to cut out more than one at a time.
- You can also use a cut felt circle to use as a guide to cut out others. The felt sticks together nicely if you hold it firmly.
- For the first edge of your pillow, cut several felt circles in half.
- Dab hot glue on the edges.
- Press them onto an edge of the pillow.
- Work your way all the way across, then trim the perpendicular end.
- Start hot gluing full felt circles on, overlapping the first row on the edge.
- Keep making your way down, staggering the circles.
- See that big pile of scraps from cutting the circles out? You need these!
- Fill any gaps on the edges with scraps, gluing and tucking under the other circles.
- Enjoy that pop of colour every time you enter the room!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.