Using a Food Scale

Category Helpful Hints
A food scale needs to be kept clean in order to work properly. You can use a wide plastic lid to catch drips on top, and tare the scale to zero before adding food.

Use a plastic lid on your scale when measuring food to help keep food particles and juices from running into the mechanical device. Not only is clean-up much simpler, the offset of food and container weight from taring the scale to zero is much lower; far better than using a heavy plate.

This is a good idea - less clean up always works for me.
Now - be sure to let us know when you find a way to reduce the weight numbers that show up on our personal scales!

Guess what, Betty! I'm actually in the process of writing an article about how I lost over 100 pounds!!!

I can't wait to share it! :)

Congrats on your weight loss attosa! That is amazing!!!

I love your hint! When I was measuring I used a plastic measuring cup...but that meant for some foods I would have to cut it up first and that was a pain. This is so much easier! Thanks for sharing!

Looking forward to seeing your article!

Well get to work on that article girl! I feel sure you can squeeze a few more minutes out of your busy day (just do not cut into your Mom and Dad time).