Using Swimming Pool Water To Water Plants

I have a shortage of water at present and want to use my treated swimming pool water to water plants and trees. I am concerned that it may harm them. What thoughts do you have on this?

Amanda from Granada, Espana

Answers:

Chlorine in pool water will kill your plants. It happened to a friend of mine when a neighbor drained his pool and the drainage killed his garden. (08/20/2008)

By bobdog

I've been using pool water for years for plants, potted plants and the lawn. I have a lot of plants in pots around the pool and I only use pool water for them. I have never had a problem. I presume this will work for you also, as long as your water isn't highly over chlorinated. When I shock the pool, I wait a day.

Jim in Jax (08/21/2008)

By smartfell-r

My sister watered her flowers with her pool water. Guess what? They all died. (08/21/2008)

By Sue

Pond water is the best, it has extra nutrients in it and you garden and flower will grow extremely big and healthy. I personally would not recommend pool water at all for the simple fact, I don't want to take the chance of losing any plants or gardening.(11/10/2008)

By pebbles67530

backyard pool
Using Swimming Pool Water for Plants
Cloudy water in an above ground pool.
Cloudy Water in an Above Ground Pool
Boy in Life-vest in Swimming Pool
Swimming Pool Safety Tips
Girl with Long Hair in Swimming Pool
Preventing Damaged Hair From Swimming Pools
Lanscaping around a swimming pool.
Landscaping Around Swimming Pools
🎄