Using Toothpaste for Polishing Metals

People think this is crazy but I've done it for many years, I have some silver and, instead of spending a lot of money on polish, I tried different things. I found that toothpaste (it must be paste, not gel) will take the tarnish off silver or copper.

1. Dampen cloth

2. With a small amount of paste work in a circular motion, leaving a layer of the paste to do the work. Set aside, moving on to the next item

3. When all are covered, return to the first item. Wipe paste off and rinse in warm water, if desired to remove any left on paste. Or wipe with another damp cloth. This can be done as often as needed.

By NannyQuacker from Pineville, LA

Using Toothpaste for Polishing Metals

Toothpaste is a very fine grinding compound. We've used it to 'fine tune' fishing reels, improves performance by 100%. :) Being that toothpaste is a fine grinding compound, be careful that your polishing technique doesn't thin the silver plating. (10/16/2009)

By Cajun62234

Using Toothpaste for Polishing Silver
girl brushing her teeth
Saving Money on Toothpaste
Polishing Leather Shoes
Polishing Leather Shoes
Woman Polishing a Piece of Silver
Homemade Silver Polishing Cloths
Tube of toothpaste.
Removing Toothpaste Stains from Clothing