Using a Garmin GPS

Man Holding GPS
With a dedicated GPS, you can just leave it in the car and let it help you find your way. There are a variety to choose from. This is a guide about using a Garmin GPS.

Does anyone know anything about the Garmin GSPMAP 60CSX. This is a navigational device similar to the Nextar and Tomtoms, but it is much more elaborate. What I want to know is can this be used in Europe. I know there are some that you can buy maps for and I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is one of them. I'm looking for someone who has one that knows for sure about them.

jho from Chassell

Go to www.gpsreview.net and check out the site. You can get tons of information, and ask questions specific to your needs. The readers respond very quickly and are very helpful.

I would call the manufacturer or send an e-mail to the manufacturer to get a correct answer. They should know best.

I am going to Sicily in September. I would like to download the maps for my Garmin. I can purchase them directly from Garmin for $70.00 that come on a micro SD card. I also have seen them used on eBay. Has anyone had any experience purchasing these maps used? According to the Garmin website, my model is compatible. I want to make sure if I purchase them used that I will be able to load them on my GPS.

By Rose from Malvern, PA

Can you use new Tom Tom updates with a Garmin system? If so, how do you do this?

Dana from Omaha, NE

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

If you want a cheap, yet stylish and effective, alternative to buying one of the more expensive cases for your GPS device, just make a trip to your local dollar store. (Dollar Tree in my area.) I found a nicely padded camera case with Velcro opening that works just perfectly for my GPS. I thought I was going to have to pay $20 for the ones I saw in the stores or online made specifically for these item. I

t works just great for my GPS, which I like to throw in my purse, so I have it at all times. The padded case is snug, and gives plenty of protection from bouncing around in my purse, dirt, fingerprints, etc. The cases came in several different colors as well, so they are even non gender-specific, so they can be used by men as well. The best buck I ever spent! :)

By qcat22 from Indianapolis, IN

Store GPS in Camera Bag

Comment Like this photo? 4