Using a Steam Cleaner on Laminate Floor

Is it safe to use a steam cleaner for cleaning a laminate floor?

Using a Steam Cleaner on Laminate Floor

You have seen the infomercials and possibly read product labels that say "safe for cleaning laminate or wood flooring", but I can assure you that steam cleaning wood or laminate flooring is a recipe for disaster.

Most hardwood and laminate flooring manufacturers warn against moisture and their products. In addition, damage caused by excessive moisture is rarely ever covered in a warranty. This being said, I wonder why these steam cleaning advertisements continue to show that it is fine and even recommended to steam clean a laminate or wood floor.Good luck.

By kffrmw88

Using a Steam Cleaner on Laminate Floor

I've been using steam on my wood floors for years and I wouldn't use anything else. It's such a tiny bit of moisture (dries within seconds and leaves way less than any other cleaning method) that, as long as the surface is sealed, it works beautifully. Just check with the manufacturer since laminate is a fabricated composite. (04/14/2009)

By mountainbrd

Using a Steam Cleaner on Laminate Floor
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Someone using a carpet cleaner.
Using A Steam Carpet Cleaner
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Steam Cleaner
Steam Cleaner Doesn't Release Steam
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 19, 2016 at 7:05:05 PM on in 913 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.