Cleaning With a Handheld Steam Cleaner

A handheld steam cleaner can be put to many cleaning uses in your home. This is a page about cleaning with a handheld steam cleaner.

I just purchased a hand-held steam cleaner (Scuunci that we've all seen on the infomercials) that I love. However, I was quite disappointed with the manual. I was hoping for a list of ideas for steam cleaning. I certainly know to clean around the faucets of the sink, under the rim of the toilet, etc., but I'm curious if any of you have come up with other creative uses for steam cleaners.

Thank you!

Barb from Lake County, OH

Answers

By sherry (Guest Post)
Best Answer

One of the things I do that makes a huge huge time saver is getting the hand held steam cleaner and our floor steam cleaner and use both to defrost the freezer. I use the hand held to melt the build up and the floor to suck it up from the hand nozzle. It makes a normal all day job done in about 2 hours. Another thing I use mine for is cleaning in the laundry room. It makes your washer and dryer where you have all the groves around the dials shine like new. Also it works wonders on your stove knobs too.

By Liz (Guest Post)
Best Answer

It is great to do the tracks in your patio doors and tracks of the windows.

Best Answer

I bought one of those too. I have a parrot and it makes short work with cage cleaning. Removes poop from all the crevices with ease.

Now I don't have to wait for a hot sunny day and lug his huge heavy cage outside to hose it down. Plus I don't have to use any type of cleaner. They are so toxic and the steam does it all.

Any suggestions on handheld steam cleaners? I don't want to pay too much. I have discovered these clean way better, and I don't have to use chemicals.

Answers

Are you talking for floors or clothing?

I have not used one for clothing, but I like my Bissell Steam Cleaner for carpets. It has an attachment that works nicely on our wood and tile also. It is a model they no longer make, but overall their products are good and last (at least in my opinion). Ours has been going strong for over 10 years!

Go on Amazon and read the reviews. I do this a lot whether or not I end up purchasing from amazon. You will also see the price.

Bissell makes the best hand held for under $40

You could also check online Top Rated Handheld Steamers

Reference: bestreviews.com/best-handheld-steam-cleaners

I believe you are referring to a hand held steamer that can be used to clean bathrooms/ kitchen and many, many other house fixtures as well as outdoor items?

There are several on the market and the price range starts at about $40 and goes as high as you wish to pay.

The least expensive that appears to have decent reviews is the Bissell.
This - as most of these steamers - has had mixed reviews but seems okay for general use.

www.amazon.com/.../B001EYHAGS?tag=thrif06-20

I have had a Scunci for many years and have never had problems but this one is more expensive and - like the others - has good and bad reviews. Sometimes people do not keep the general maintenance up on hand appliances and this causes irreversible problems.
But - just in case - if it is not too expensive, I would purchase product warranty for 2 years (and this is not something I would usually recommend).

www.amazon.com/.../ref=dp_olp_0?tag=thrif06-20

Here are some Scunci 'knock offs" but I have no idea as to how good these are.

www.amazon.com/.../z4hnc3n6qoh23fp?tag=thrif06-20

www.pressurewasher-steamcleaner.com/scunci-steam-cleaner.html

You might want to read about different ways to use your steamer on these sites.

www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-With-a-Handheld-Steam-Cleaner...

thebestcleaningteam.com/.../

findmats.com/.../

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsJune 21, 2016
🎃