Walmart Matches Competitor's Ads

Walmart (at least here in Texas) will match most competitor's ads: including grocery stores, drugstores, and other variety stores. So rather than going from store to store to try to get all the deals each week, I make just one trip to Walmart with all of my ads and save money. I can usually save at least $10-15 each week, and I save a lot of time and frustration. BUT, they usually require that you actually bring the ad in, and they will not recognize other store's coupons or BOGO type promotions.

By thriftyamy from Austin, Texas

Answers:

Walmart Matches Competitor's Ads

Do you have to go to customer service to get the reduced price or just show the ad to the cashier as you are checking out? (07/27/2007)

By cookwie

Walmart Matches Competitor's Ads

At the WM's around me, you just have to show the cashier. I am also in Texas. (07/27/2007)

By ttustudent

Walmart Matches Competitor's Ads

Yep, I saw that in AZ at my Mom's TWO! (it's a "small" town for 2) but was surprised when I saw that they don't do it here (or at least don't advertise but I don't think they do) in Central/Bay Area CA in our "new" SuperWalMart. I do the WalMart trip once a week, cuz' I know some things I can get cheaper there but I wish I could do all my shopping in one place instead of 3 different grocery stores (and during summer it's that and local produce places, not that I mind supporting them but it's a lot of running around!). (07/27/2007)

By michawnpita

Walmart Matches Competitor's Ads

At my local Walmart, I don't have to take the competitor's store sales flyers as the cashiers have them at their check stands, already. I do pricematch at our Walmart on a regular basis, to save time and money. I have found they will not pricematch cuts of meat, say if another store has corned beef flat cut on sale, Walmart will not let their corned beef flat cut go for the same as other stores, nor will they pricematch other store's prices on deli items. Recently Albertson's had a certain brand of roast beef cold cuts on sale in where the slice the meats for you. I knew WalMart had the same brand, so I got some at WalMart, only to find at the checkout, they'd not pricematch. This was one purchase that I'd have not purchased there, if I'd have known they'd not pricematched. But for the most part, Walmart does pricematch and I've saved a lot of time and money there. (07/27/2007)

By badwater

Walmart Matches Competitor's Ads

Lots of stores will match competitor's prices if you ask. Some advertise the policy, some do not. Ask. You might save yourself some running around. (07/28/2007)

By Jantoo

Walmart Matches Competitor's Ads

Eastern Pennsylvania Walmarts have the same pricematch policy, printed on their sales flyers, they require the competitor's ad. (07/28/2007)

By kidsNclutter

Walmart Matches Competitor's Ads

I have done the Walmart price matching with the ads a few times. But I have noticed WM does not always have the cheaper stuff on lots of items. Also you are putting the other stores out of business if you don't spread it around some. If we put the other stores out to business then WM has more or less a monopoly for the area. Seen them put too many mom and pop stores out of business, even the smaller chain grocery stores. I actually hate the place myself and go there only when necessary. The checkers at ours are rude and slow, don't talk to you. I had one not say one single syllable to me one day. I was in a speed lane the other day and it took the little girl so long my husband was parked out in the lane in front of the store, the security guard told my husband to move, TWICE. I am disabled, and slow, and I still move faster than she did. What a deal! So, I go maybe 5 miles out of my way, spend a buck or two for gas, and go to my favorite store and get their sale items, and get treated like they are happy to see me, and get carry out to boot! pooh on WM. (07/29/2007)

By loridawn1956

Walmart Matches Competitor's Ads

Is this on any ad, or only ones with coupons?
Shirley (08/04/2007)

By squirrelena

Walmart Matches Competitor's Ads

I tried to get a competitors price to purchase a Wild Thing Polan Pro chainsaw with an ad. They got nasty with me. I thought Walmart matches any competitor. That's a lie. Batesville, Mississippi will not honor this at Walmart. (02/09/2008)

By steve

Walmart Matches Competitor's Ads

Next time, if there is a next time, speak with the manager. Frequently the clerks are not informed, or forgot. (02/10/2008)

By cookwie

Parking Lot of Large Walmart
Saving Money at Walmart
A woman shopping.
What is Travel Knit Fabric?
Mason Jar Match Dispenser
Making a Mason Jar Match Dispenser
Quicken Loan
Quicken Loan Reviews
Woman Grocery Shopping
Who Makes Store Brands?
🎉
🎄