What is This Plant?

Can you help me identify this shrub? It grew in the corner of our large backyard, but I suspect our new plants are due to bird "participation". It has very brittle branches and when they are young and cut ooze an orangey substance, as do the leaves when cut from branches.

It grows at a fantastic rate. The leaves can grow to about 20 inches long. I would like to ID it to find out whether or not I should let the new growths burgeon.

Hardiness Zone: 10b

By Trisha from Ventura, CA

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceFebruary 2, 2010
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Mystery Plant
What is This Garden Plant?
Europe on a globe.
Plant Hardiness Zones for France
Sun Star Plant
Caring for a Sun Star Plant
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 11:59:20 AM on 10.0.2.236 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.