What is This Plant?

I have just bought a potted outdoor plant and was told it's a Galansia or Galanzia. I live on an island in the Mediterranean where it's very hot in the summer and reasonably cold in the winter. I tried to get as close as possible with the hardiness zone equivalent in the US.

Has anyone ever heard of this plant and how do you care for it? It has small dark green leaves and flowers annually in the summer. Apparently the flowers look like daisies except the petals are spikier looking. I don't have a photo. I've looked in my gardening books and can't find anything with that name. Even Googling it didn't help. Any suggestions?

Cettina from Malta, Europe

Try researching Gazania. We use these as ground cover here in California. They have yellow and purple flowers

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceMarch 18, 2009
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Mystery Plant
What is This Garden Plant?
Europe on a globe.
Plant Hardiness Zones for France
Sun Star Plant
Caring for a Sun Star Plant