What is this Plant?

I have a plant question. I have gotten a plant given to me it looks something like a Wandering Jew only it has stiff leaves and is all purple. It grows upright and gets white flower's in every-other leaf.

I am looking to find someone that might know what this plant is. I think it may be a plant that grows outside for boarders, but not sure. Please let me know if any one knows what this is. I have no image at this time. Thanks. Debra

By Deb from White Cloud, KS

I think it's called Persian Shield. Look that up and see if it looks like your plant.

It sounds like a Oyster plant, also known as Moses in a Basket, or Boat Lily. You can google Oyster plant and it describes a purple plant, with up right leaves and white flowers. check it out. This plant is very invasive here in S. FL.

Home and Garden Gardening Plant Info What Is This PlantOctober 21, 2009
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Mystery Plant
What is This Garden Plant?
Europe on a globe.
Plant Hardiness Zones for France
Sun Star Plant
Caring for a Sun Star Plant
🎉
🎄