Wildlife: Fawn

Our friends had a house fire last year causing them to move out while the house was being renovated. Since we live on a country road, we get to see a lot of deer in our yards. Since no one is living in their home right now, this little fawn was napping under a Hosta plant. We almost didn't see her.

We knew better than to touch her or hang around too long, so I took a couple of quick pictures before leaving her alone. She is fine, since the following day, she was frolicking with her mother in the woods behind the home.

By Patti

Wildlife: Fawn

Wildlife: Fawn

Awwwww! :) (05/28/2010)

By PainterLee

Wildlife: Fawn

I loved your photo. Thanks. (05/28/2010)

By mulberry204

Wildlife: Fawn

What a wonderful photo of such a cute baby! Thumbs up! (05/28/2010)

By Deeli

Wildlife: Fawn

That is the cutest! (05/28/2010)

By soneal1027

Wildlife: Fawn

I love it! How precious and how lucky you were to see her. Thank you for sharing this picture. You've started more smiles than you are aware of. (05/28/2010)

By Beth

Wildlife: Fawn

Aww, thanks for sharing your tale and pic. I'm glad the little gal is well and happy. (06/03/2010)

By JustPlainJo

Wildlife: Fawn
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Pond Fish
Protecting Pond Fish From Wildlife
Fawn (Baby Deer) standing in the grass.
Fawn (Baby Deer) Information and Photos