Wildlife: Red Tailed Hawk

This guy is also a frequent visitor. He helps keep the the squirrel population under control, and also goes after the crows. Crows eat the eggs of other birds.

By Leigh from Litchfeild County, CT

September 30, 2011 Flag

I took this photo from my back yard patio. The hawk was soaring on the warm, off shore winds that we are experiencing this week. He circled around for several minutes. What a fantastically beautiful bird.

I once had a friend who loved animals and had a beautiful red tail hawk. He had trained it to fly in the countryside and come back to him when he blew a whistle and twirled a wooden lure over his head on a rope. What a great nature experience to witness. He later became a veterinarian.

By Bobby33

Soaring Red Tail Hawk

Wow, that was always one of the sights I loved...watching raptors of various types riding the thermals. They looked so graceful up there, it took my breath away. Thanks, Bobby.

hawk on dead tree branch
Photos WildlifeJune 9, 2011
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Red delicious apples.
Recipes Using Red Delicious Apples
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
grosbeaks in the snow eating
Wild Bird Photos