Hawk Photos and Information

Photo Description
This hawk visited our back yard several times. What a treat! I was lucky to have gotten such a great photo.

Photo Location
Leander, Texas

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 13

11 More Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

I took this photo from my back yard patio. The hawk was soaring on the warm, off shore winds that we are experiencing this week. He circled around for several minutes. What a fantastically beautiful bird.

Soaring Red Tail Hawk

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

Yesterday morning, my husband shouted, "You want to see something pretty? Come and look!" He was in the kitchen, looking out the window.

front view of hawk looking to the right sitting on leafless branch

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

This was a hawk I saw when I was on Big Sur in CA. I often spent my days off driving around there, it was so beautiful.

It is so wonderful to see birds of prey in the wild. I live on the east coast, and you do not see them often.

hawk on dead tree branch

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 34

This guy is also a frequent visitor. He helps keep the the squirrel population under control, and also goes after the crows. Crows eat the eggs of other birds.

A red tailed hawk at the top of an evergreen tree.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

I spotted this beautiful hawk on my roof top as I was arriving at the house one afternoon from being out shooting photos. I only had a few seconds to reach in my car and grab my camera, and as I did, the flight begins.

Out of all the photos I took that day, this was the best by far!

A hawk flying against a blue sky with white clouds.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

I was out for an evening walk with my dog, when I heard tree branches move. I looked up and this male or female hawk looked at us for a while. In person, it looked bigger than the picture. :)

A hawk on a powerline.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

I was in my bedroom watching the morning news, when a hawk swooped in and landed in the tree outside my window.

A hawk sitting in tree branches.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I was lucky to get this shot with my new camera while driving down a country road that I travel frequently. I see these hawks a lot but was never able to get a decent shot.

A hawk sitting on a power pole.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is the fourth Hawk I've seen this week. Really beautiful animals

Small Hawk on a wood fence.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

A hawk crashed into our sliding glass door and was dazed. After getting up, it just stood there and looked at me.

4 pictures of a dazed hawk after hitting a window.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This beautiful little baby hawk was sitting up against my house. I found him when I was bringing in sheets off of the clothesline.

Baby Hawk on the ground.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Gardening WildlifeMay 15, 2018
🐛
🌻
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Hawk-Photos-and-Information.html