Wild Bird Photos

Photo Description
I went to the park in the early morning for a much needed walk. All of a sudden this big beautiful bird appeared and landed in front of me. It was awesome; it was so close. I stood there smiling and just admiring it. It looked right at me and didn't even get bothered at all by having its picture taken. Good morning to you too lovely birdie. ;)

Photo Location
Reid Park in Tucson, AZ

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

21 More Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

He was quite a character, following me up from the beach to the lawn area in front of our residence and waiting for a tidbit or two.

Comment Like this photo? 23

Catbirds like tomatoes. They devour all I give them. Isn't that sweet?

catbird with tomatoes

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

I have a pond in my back yard which attracts wildlife. A pair of Canadian geese showed up. They were grazing on the green grass near the edge of the pond. Food is scarce right now with all the snow on the ground.

The winter season just keeps lingering on making it a challenge for spring time arrivals in the area.

A Pair of Canadian Geese two geese on the edge of a snow patch

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

These snowy egrets and Canadian geese seemed to be having a conference, as they were in the same place an hour later when I drove back by. The geese were letting themselves be heard while swimming back and forth in front of the Egrets.

egrets and geese meet

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

I found him injured in my balcony and nursed him. Now he stays with us on most days. He flies out at times but generally returns to us.

green bird with red on head and throat

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

I noticed a baby bird that had just left the nest and was learning to fly. So cute!

small speckled baby bird

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

Imagine a glass prism that breaks up light into all colors of the spectrum. Now imagine a glass prism that reflects light in only shades of blue.

That is way a bluebird appears blue, but what about this little guy?

Robin Red Breast - robin in part sun

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

Late afternoon, and our feathered friends know it is feeding time. Such beautiful creatures, each one, even the common or greys. And how interesting to note which varieties appear with variations in food - bread, seed, and various fruit types.

Garden Variety Birds - dove looking bird with speckled collar feathers

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

My mother and I went on vacation to Bear Lake, Idaho. We decided to go to the Bear Lake Wildlife Refuge.We saw a variety of birds walking along the marsh.

I took the picture of this bird because I thought it was neat to see the bird's reflection in the water.

A bird walking in a marsh with tall grass.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

My children and I saw these goslings by the river yesterday afternoon. I couldn't get an exact count, but there were about 25-30 of them. You could tell they were used to people being around, because they didn't run away while we were there.

Comment Like this photo? 1

Snow geese breed from late May to mid August, but they leave their nesting areas and spend more than half the year on their migration to-and-from warmer wintering areas.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

This little darling sits atop what appears to be a light and greets each person who walks through the doors of the emergency room. All the nurses loved it!

I hope they let this little one stay here, since she has been here the whole time I have been staying here in the hospital with my mom.

bird nesting on light about hospital entrance

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

Grosbeak refers to a number of species of seed eating song birds with large beaks. The rose-breasted and evening grosbeak are two representatives of this grouping.

A rose breasted grosbeak on a branch.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

The names dove and pigeon are used interchangably for this bird. The family name is Columbidae or Columbine. This page contains dove photos.

Mourning Dove on a log

Load More

Photos WildlifeSeptember 25, 2014
🎃
😷
🌻
🎂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Wild-Bird-Photos.html