Wild Bird Photos

Category Wildlife
All kinds of feathered friends can make excellent photography subjects in interesting situations, if you can catch it. This guide contains wild bird photos.

This page contains woodpecker photos. These noisy garden visitors often make their presence known with their pecking on wood.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This guide contains blue jay information and photos. These north american native birds often appear in the yard and garden.

This is a guide about Cardinal information and photos. The Northern Cardinal or Redbird is a popular visitor at birdfeeders in the eastern United States.

Their range also extends into southeastern Canada, and south into Mexico and Belize.

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Photo Description
I went to the park in the early morning for a much needed walk. All of a sudden this big beautiful bird appeared and landed in front of me. It was awesome; it was so close. I stood there smiling and just admiring it. It looked right at me and didn't even get bothered at all by having its picture taken. Good morning to you too lovely birdie. ;)

Photo Location
Reid Park in Tucson, AZ

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

This charming fellow I named "Charlie", because he was a frequent visitor on the beach area where I stayed on Anna Maria Island, Florida. He was quite a character, following me up from the beach to the lawn area in front of our residence and waiting for a tidbit or two. His favourite treats? Cooked hot dogs or tender pieces of chicken!

By linn

Comment Like this photo? 23

Photo Description
Catbirds like tomatoes. They devour all I give them. Isn't that sweet?

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

These snowy egrets and Canadian geese seemed to be having a conference, as they were in the same place an hour later when I drove back by. The geese were letting themselves be heard while swimming back and forth in front of the Egrets.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

I found him injured in my balcony and nursed him. Now he stays with us on most days. He flies out at times but generally returns to us.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

I noticed a baby bird that had just left the nest and was learning to fly. So cute!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

Imagine a glass prism that breaks up light into all colors of the spectrum. Now imagine a glass prism that reflects light in only shades of blue.

That is way a bluebird appears blue, but what about this little guy?

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

Late afternoon, and our feathered friends know it is feeding time. Such beautiful creatures, each one, even the common or greys. And how interesting to note which varieties appear with variations in food - bread, seed, and various fruit types.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

This little darling sits atop what appears to be a light and greets each person who walks through the doors of the emergency room. All the nurses loved it!

I hope they let this little one stay here, since she has been here the whole time I have been staying here in the hospital with my mom.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

I was taking pictures of shore birds and was lucky enough to get this one catching his dinner for the day.

By cindy

Wildlife: Shore Birds

Wildlife: Shore Birds

Super picture.(08/11/2010)

By Marg