Garden Bird Photos

Category Garden
The beauty of our feathered friends in the garden is rewarding to capture in a snapshot.This page contains garden bird photos.

Garden Bird Photos

Share Your PhotoCheck out these Garden Bird Photos shared by the ThriftyFun community!.

I happened to look out my kitchen window yesterday, and saw this beautiful cardinal sitting there posing for me!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 63

I was standing at my patio door trying to get a picture of a Baltimore Oriole that I could hear in my backyard when this little guy landed on the back of one of my patio chairs. This is a Rose Breasted Grosbeak.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 12

A while ago I put up baskets and wooden cheese boxes to help nest lost baby birds. Since then, the boxes and baskets have become homes to many a bird. I decided to hang some extra rods and broomsticks up so the older ones can hang out, too.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

This bird was right outside my window, just sitting there. So I grabbed my camera and started snapping photos. I got about five or six shots before he flew away!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

We have several hummingbird feeders around the yard and Path Garden. This is at the front door where we can see this little guy standing "guard " over his own personal buffet.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

I took this digital photo this afternoon in the garden here near the patio. The bird was sitting on the fence, and had been in the tomato garden earlier when I was out there.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

I'll have to step back into the last century to get a quip that will adequately describe this little fella. I'm sure most of you have never heard it, maybe Litter Gitter and cybergrannie. As Little Jimmy Dickens said thousands of times, 'I'm little, but I'm loud'.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

I snapped this photo of a pileated woodpecker pecking at a fresh tree stump in my neighbor's yard.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

I have had to stop feeding all the birds for now as the cow birds were taking over and coming in droves and hogging the feeders. They don't care for thistle nor do the other birds, but I love watching the gold finches and they are at the feeder most all day.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

We had picked up an inexpensive fountain for our backyard feathered friends a few years ago, and I piled rocks on the top tier as it seems by watching them, they appear to like the naturalness of the rocks, maybe it makes it more realistic to them, and we just love seeing them enjoy it.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

I caught a pair of gray catbirds gathering nest building materials. Both gather materials, while the female builds the nest. The male can be distinguished here by the reddish patch at the rump.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

In the innocence of my youth, I bought food for squirrels to encourage their presence. Little did I know, I was aiding and abetting future mass destruction. This little bathing catbird is just as thoughtless and uncaring. He managed to find a hole in the netting I placed over my blueberry bushes.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

Usually, I have trouble photographing in full sun. I don't have filters, and without them, everything takes on a washed out effect.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

This bird caught my eye because it seems to be an albino mourning dove. These birds enjoy eating their food each morning. They have their favorite from the mix.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

I looked out the window and saw a flock of birds had landed in a small tree. I had no idea they would blend in with the leaves but I liked the effect.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

Scenes from my backyard.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

A new bird in the neighborhood: Rose Breasted Grosbeak.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

These two local blue jay's visit my picnic table bird feeder daily. I took an old picnic table and turned it into a feast table for the birds. I only lay a few handfuls a day for the local birds to eat.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

Garden Bird Photos

Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following Garden Bird Photos. Have something to add? Please share your solution!

You can easily attract this pretty song bird to your feeder by offering large nuts such as peanuts and sunflower seeds. Suet is also a favorite meal. This page contains nuthatch photos.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Sparrows are a common garden visitor. Capturing these small birds at their daily activities is a fun pastime. This page contains sparrow photos.

Garden Bird Photos

Ask a QuestionHere are the Garden Bird Photos asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.

I would like to hear what people in other parts of the country are seeing at their bird feeders. Since the winter finches are making a southerly push this fall, there may be some interesting birds showing up at your feeders.

Answer Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes