Cardinal Information and Photos

It was an icy January morning in 2011, and I was snapping photos of the birds in our back yard here in north central Louisiana. I do this often from our back deck, it is like therapy for me! I was so happy to capture this fella's pose that day.

By Rita

Cardinal in Frozen Tree

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 32

23 More Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

I was already taking pictures of this lovely female cardinal when the downy woodpecker came in. He nipped her tail a little, hence the indignant attitude!

Cardinal and Woodpecker

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 30

Red cardinals are so pretty to look at in the snow in the winter. They decorate many calendars and Christmas cards, which is understandable.

I hang my feeder close to the kitchen window, which gives me a meal time view of them.

Red Cardinals in the Snow

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 25

This bird appeared at my feeder last year and I never could get a good look at it. It was bright red, almost orange, it 'glowed', it was so beautiful. It looked like a cardinal, but something was just not right. There were no black markings around the face and it was not the right color red.

Cardinal

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

I happened to look out my kitchen window yesterday, and saw this beautiful cardinal sitting there posing for me!

Cardinal perched on tree branch.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 63

This was taken off my pool deck in my backyard. My husband was able to capture the wonderful moment of the baby cardinals in their nest waiting for their mom to come back with some food.

Baby Cardinals

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 17

This bird was right outside my window, just sitting there. So I grabbed my camera and started snapping photos. I got about five or six shots before he flew away!

Red cardinal bird in a rhododendron bush.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

This cardinal sits in the forsythia bush every day as though he's posing for me. Sometimes he brings the Mrs., but she is very shy and stays in the background.

Cardinal in the snow

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 221 Posts

It took about an hour to snap a picture of this red cardinal as I chased him around from bush to bush and from tree to tree. He finally gave in before I did.

Mr. Red (Cardinal) - cardinal on a tree branch

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

I captured this photo with my cell phone looking through our French doors outside one morning as this cardinal was just coming off one of our log feeders and was in flight with its wings wide open. I was truly amazed that I captured the shot with my cell phone.

Cardinal in flight near feeders.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

The tranquility of the snow falling as a beautiful pair of cardinals rest on the bird feeder, was a picture I couldn't resist taking. :)

Pair of cardinals on bird feeder in the snow.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

Mr. and Mrs. Cardinal stopped off at my feeder here for a rare appearance together. They are usually separate eating while one watches. This time they were brave enough to be together

Cardinals

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

This beautiful snowy day brought some special visitors, a couple of cardinals sharing a meal and an adventure! There is also another bird that looks like it might be a woodpecker, and several other varieties of beautiful creatures, all having a nice winter meal!

Cardinals

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 523 Posts

It took a bit of editing to get this fella to this point of visibility. But, he actually was sitting there, wide awake, way past his bed time.

I wonder what was going on. Maybe the missus was having another migraine?

Cardinal or Night Owl? - cardinal on a fence

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1
Load More
Home and Garden Gardening Birds & Bird HousesJune 18, 2013
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cardinal-Information-and-Photos.html