Dove Photos

Category Wildlife
The names dove and pigeon are used interchangably for this bird. The family name is Columbidae or Columbine. This guide contains dove photos.

This very common bird is found from southern Canada to central Mexico. They are recognizable from their soft prolonged cooing that has a distinctly mournful sound. This page contains mourning dove photos.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Photo Description
I managed to catch these two turtle doves in a tree in our backyard. They were enjoying the sun and didn't even notice me. They looked so peaceful and calm, as if nothing could ever disturb them.

Photo Location
Waverley, Pretoria

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

My husband climbed up in one of our backyard trees to hang some windchimes for me and discovered these precious baby doves. Aren't all of God's babies beautiful!

Leanne

Baby birds.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

Photo Description
A pair of doves made a nest under the roof of our veranda. It has been an incredible journey, watching them from day 1 when they started to build the nest, seeing mom sitting on the eggs and eventually, the first time we saw her bringing food to feed the little ones. Unfortunately, the one baby didn't make it, but the remaining one is getting stronger by the day. I took the photo this morning when the mom flew off to find food. This baby dove is now 10 days old.

Photo Location
Pretoria, South Africa

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

We always had a lot of doves sitting in the trees on our river bank. One day a log drifted down the river and parked itself in front of my yard. The doves found this very interesting and went to investigate. They look like they are having fun!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

This is Dovely (a cross of Dove and Lovely). She is five years old and a Dove. After visiting a friend, I heard this cooing sound come from the laundry room.

When I asked my friend what the sound was, my friend said "oh that's bird".

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

I found this beautiful dove sitting on the fence next door to our house. It was the first one I have ever seen with a pink chest. So beautiful, and he trilled for me.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

I think this is a dove, but I'm not for sure. I thought it was so pretty in the tree.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1