Dove Photos

Category Wildlife
The names dove and pigeon are used interchangably for this bird. The family name is Columbidae or Columbine. This guide contains dove photos.

This very common bird is found from southern Canada to central Mexico. They are recognizable from their soft prolonged cooing that has a distinctly mournful sound. This page contains mourning dove photos.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Photo Description
I managed to catch these two turtle doves in a tree in our backyard. They were enjoying the sun and didn't even notice me. They looked so peaceful and calm, as if nothing could ever disturb them.

Photo Location
Waverley, Pretoria

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

My husband climbed up in one of our backyard trees to hang some windchimes for me and discovered these precious baby doves. Aren't all of God's babies beautiful!

Leanne

Baby birds.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

This is Dovely (a cross of Dove and Lovely). She is five years old and a Dove. After visiting a friend, I heard this cooing sound come from the laundry room. When I asked my friend what the sound was, my friend said "oh that's bird".

I went into the laundry room and there sat bird in a very small cage, the room was dark and there weren't even windows. I asked my friend if I could have that bird. My friend said "well sure, she doesn't even lay eggs you know". I took bird home, my husband took one look at her, and he said "she is Dovley".

Dovley lays at least four eggs a year for us. I think she's happy in a big cage, a room with many windows and a new home filled with love for children, friends and animals. We love to listen to her coos. She is Dovley.

Dovely likes to walk around the house, she follows me while I am in the kitchen working. Dovely also likes to climb on my husband and do what looks like kisses on his cheek. (We like to think that she kisses him.)

Many friends have said that we were nice to adopt Dovely. We say that Dovely is nice to come live with us and give us her beautiful songs. We use Dovely's eggs to add to fallen birds nest's and give them to friends and family as Christmas tree ornaments.

By Maryjo from Salem

White dove

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

I found this beautiful dove sitting on the fence next door to our house. It was the first one I have ever seen with a pink chest. So beautiful, and he trilled for me.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

I think this is a dove, but I'm not for sure. I thought it was so pretty in the tree.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1