Baby Dove on Nest

Photo Description
A pair of doves made a nest under the roof of our veranda. It has been an incredible journey, watching them from day 1 when they started to build the nest, seeing mom sitting on the eggs and eventually, the first time we saw her bringing food to feed the little ones. Unfortunately, the one baby didn't make it, but the remaining one is getting stronger by the day. I took the photo this morning when the mom flew off to find food. This baby dove is now 10 days old.

Photo Location
Pretoria, South Africa

How totally precious!
I can imagine how wonderful it was watching them from the minute of the nest building until now, with the sweet little baby dove.

I get giddy seeing baby birds of all kinds, as they're so new to the world, yet they're all born with the knowledge of what to do.
They're just amazing.

I'm happy for you that you've gotten to see so much of the new life coming about, it's just incredible.

Thanks for sharing this sweet little one.

Reply Like this photo? Yes