Dovely (Dove)

This is Dovely (a cross of Dove and Lovely). She is five years old and a Dove. After visiting a friend, I heard this cooing sound come from the laundry room. When I asked my friend what the sound was, my friend said "oh that's bird".

I went into the laundry room and there sat bird in a very small cage, the room was dark and there weren't even windows. I asked my friend if I could have that bird. My friend said "well sure, she doesn't even lay eggs you know". I took bird home, my husband took one look at her, and he said "she is Dovley".

Dovley lays at least four eggs a year for us. I think she's happy in a big cage, a room with many windows and a new home filled with love for children, friends and animals. We love to listen to her coos. She is Dovley.

Dovely likes to walk around the house, she follows me while I am in the kitchen working. Dovely also likes to climb on my husband and do what looks like kisses on his cheek. (We like to think that she kisses him.)

Many friends have said that we were nice to adopt Dovely. We say that Dovely is nice to come live with us and give us her beautiful songs. We use Dovely's eggs to add to fallen birds nest's and give them to friends and family as Christmas tree ornaments.

By Maryjo from Salem

Anonymous

What a wonderful story! I'll bet she is 'kissing' your husbands cheek cause she's happy and thankful! :-)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a beautful bird she is and what wonderful people you were to have adopted her! Just like people, animals will thrive in a positive, uplifting, and warm environment.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a cute story & how nice that you saved Doveley from sitting in the dark! She's much too beautiful for that and I'm sure she appreciates the light and being around people! I have 2 doves that hangout in my back yard for the past 10 years now.

I KNOW they're the same onces; they perch on the basketball hoop & the chain link fence & stare into my kitchen window. When we go out into they yard, they rarely fly away & they don't care how close we get. They're adorable. Thanks for sharing.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

This is one of the nicest stores I have ever heard. Thanks for brightening up my day!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Oh how sweet. Thank you for saving her and giving this beautiful Dovely love. Very inspirational. In a small town in Missouri there are a set of twin girls one is named Lovey the other Dovey. They are older now but fun to hear the names.

Reply Like this photo? Yes
By dyan (Guest Post)

God bless you.

Reply Like this photo? Yes
Anonymous

I was just notified that Dovely had won one of the contest entries. Thank you Thrifty Fun, and thank you to everyone that commented.

The $25 will be spent in memory of Dovely, and on the other birds that visit my birdhouse. Everyone be well and always smile, Maryjo

Reply Like this photo? Yes