Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Wood Craft Projects

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Sawing Wood Craft Project

Depending on the wood tools you have, there are many creative ways to use wood in crafting projects. This guide is about wood craft projects.

Solutions: Wood Craft Projects

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Jewelry Stand

I made one for the first granddaughter when she was in the 2nd grade. Now the second granddaughter wanted one so I couldn't refuse her. Make a cute wood jewelry stand to hang necklaces and put your rings on so you know where to find them.

Approximate Time: 3 hours.

• scrap wood
  • drill
  • drill bits
  • pencil
  • tape measure
  • paint
  • paint brush
  • dowels
  • wood and fabric glue
  • felt
  • screw in hooks
  • nail
  • hammer
  • saw
  • sandpaper

Instructions:

Collect your supplies.

Jewelry Stand Supplies

1. Decide how wide and tall you want it to be. Mine is approximately 12 inches tall. 6 1/2 inches wide on the bottom and the top is 5 inches wide.
  2. Cut your pieces with a saw. My dowel was 3/8 inch round x 2 1/2 inches long for the ring pegs. The center dowel was about 9 1/2 inches long.
  3. Drill a hole the size of the center dowel in the center of the bottom piece. Also, drill a hole the size of the dowel in the top piece on the underneath of the wood. Drill 2 holes in the bottom piece on either side of the hole for the center dowel.
  4. Jewelry Stand Parts Ready for Assembly

5. Sand all pieces. Sand the corners and edges so they are not sharp.
  6. Glue the dowels in their drilled holes using wood glue. Hammer if it's a tight fit.
  7. Paint several coats.
  8. Finished Purple Jewelry Stand

9. Measure and mark where the hooks will go. I put 2 rows and alternated the rows so necklaces can hang without tangling. Screw the hooks in tightly.
  10. Glue the felt on the bottom with fabric glue.

By Little Suzy from Millbury, OH

Tip: Birch Wood Candle Holder

Candle holder made from a piece of birch branch.This candle holder is so versatile. We give them as house warming gifts, anniversary gifts, and just because we like our friends.

Use a length of birch wood or paint any piece of wood white. Level the bottom.

Carve out a hole in the top for the glass container. I find my glass candle holders at garage sales, but you can buy them at candle stores. Insert a votive candle.

At this point you can be finished, but I like to add a small amount of scrap scented candle.

Caution: Candle wax is hot when melted and you must carefully handled. Pour it over the votive and you will have a nice scented candle without making a candle if you don't know how.

You are now set for the finishing touches. You might want to give the candle holder as is or you can carve names or initials into the side. Enjoy

By Tedebear from San Jose, CA

Woodburned Jewelry Box

Wood burned jewelry box.

Materials

• wood box
  • wood burning tool
  • stencil
  • pencil
  • wood stain
  • sandpaper
  • Paint on or spray on clear sealer

Instructions

1. Sand the box.
  2. Trace your stencil on the box.
  3. Make sure the wood burner is hot, an start burning in the pattern.
  4. Wood stain your box as desired, with a paintbrush or a soft cloth, letting dry for a hour or so between coats until you get the color you like.
  5. Let dry for one day and then you can paint on or spray on a clear sealer.

Enjoy the craft.

By Crafty Billie from Stockton, CA

Editor's Note: This would be also good for burning wooden recipe boxes.

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Wood Craft Projects.

Question: Making Small Wooden Ladders for Craft Projects

I am looking for small wooden ladders, 6-18 inches, and also miniature oak trees. If I cannot buy same does anyone have a creative way I could make same? I have searched Hobby Lobby and Michaels.

By Joann from NC

Most Recent Answer

By Pixiedust7 [7]02/26/2011

Here are two more ideas for you: look for the accessories that are sold to go along with the ceramic villages (although you might not find them until Christmas time, unless you go to gift shops that carry Dept. 56, Lefton, etc. all year round); also, you might find them in hobby stores that cater to model train fans. The trains are made in several different gauges, so there are accessories in many different sizes to fit the scale of the train sets.

Question: Free Wood Projects

Where can I find free wood projects?

hvactech5 from Virginia Beach, VA

Most Recent Answer

By Margaret [13]09/29/2006

Try these two websites:

http://absolutelyfreeplans.com

http://www.buildeazy.com

Good Luck!