Browsing: Wood Craft Projects

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Wood Craft Projects

Depending on the wood tools you have, there are many creative ways to use wood in crafting projects. This guide is about wood craft projects.

Sawing Wood Craft Project
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

July 10, 2008 Flag
Wood burned jewelry box.

Materials

• wood box
  • wood burning tool
  • stencil
  • pencil
  • wood stain
  • sandpaper
  • Paint on or spray on clear sealer

Instructions

1. Sand the box.
  2. Trace your stencil on the box.
  3. Make sure the wood burner is hot, an start burning in the pattern.
  4. Wood stain your box as desired, with a paintbrush or a soft cloth, letting dry for a hour or so between coats until you get the color you like.
  5. Let dry for one day and then you can paint on or spray on a clear sealer.

Enjoy the craft.

By Crafty Billie from Stockton, CA

Editor's Note: This would be also good for burning wooden recipe boxes.

May 15, 2009 Flag

I made one for the first granddaughter when she was in the 2nd grade. Now the second granddaughter wanted one so I couldn't refuse her. Make a cute wood jewelry stand to hang necklaces and put your rings on so you know where to find them. Finished Purple Jewelry Stand

Approximate Time: 3 hours.

Instructions:

Collect your supplies.

Jewelry Stand Supplies

1. Decide how wide and tall you want it to be. Mine is approximately 12 inches tall. 6 1/2 inches wide on the bottom and the top is 5 inches wide.
  2. Cut your pieces with a saw. My dowel was 3/8 inch round x 2 1/2 inches long for the ring pegs. The center dowel was about 9 1/2 inches long.
  3. Drill a hole the size of the center dowel in the center of the bottom piece. Also, drill a hole the size of the dowel in the top piece on the underneath of the wood. Drill 2 holes in the bottom piece on either side of the hole for the center dowel.
  4. Jewelry Stand Parts Ready for Assembly

5. Sand all pieces. Sand the corners and edges so they are not sharp.
  6. Glue the dowels in their drilled holes using wood glue. Hammer if it's a tight fit.
  7. Paint several coats.
  8. Measure and mark where the hooks will go. I put 2 rows and alternated the rows so necklaces can hang without tangling. Screw the hooks in tightly.
  9. Glue the felt on the bottom with fabric glue.

By Little Suzy from Millbury, OH

August 4, 2009 Flag

Candle holder made from a piece of birch branch.This candle holder is so versatile. We give them as house warming gifts, anniversary gifts, and just because we like our friends.

Use a length of birch wood or paint any piece of wood white. Level the bottom.

Carve out a hole in the top for the glass container. I find my glass candle holders at garage sales, but you can buy them at candle stores. Insert a votive candle.

At this point you can be finished, but I like to add a small amount of scrap scented candle.

Caution: Candle wax is hot when melted and you must carefully handled. Pour it over the votive and you will have a nice scented candle without making a candle if you don't know how.

You are now set for the finishing touches. You might want to give the candle holder as is or you can carve names or initials into the side. Enjoy

By Tedebear from San Jose, CA

February 20, 2011 Flag

I am looking for small wooden ladders, 6-18 inches, and also miniature oak trees. If I cannot buy same does anyone have a creative way I could make same? I have searched Hobby Lobby and Michaels.

By Joann from NC

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You could probably make some small wooden ladders with popsicle sticks and craft glue that you can purchase at a hobby store. For the trees collect some small branches and tie them together to look like trees.

You could try a pet store in the bird department and possibly locate a wood ladder or do an online dollhouse catalog search. If all else fails, you can always make one inexpensively from scrap wood and glue and small cutting tools.

Here's one dollhouse link for the oak tree and other items you can view.

http://www.kimsdollhouseminiatures. ... /DOLLHOUSE-MINIATURE-OAK-TREE/Detail

Thank you all very much! Why didn't I think of a pet store ? Thank you, thank you, again.

Here are two more ideas for you: look for the accessories that are sold to go along with the ceramic villages (although you might not find them until Christmas time, unless you go to gift shops that carry Dept. 56, Lefton, etc. all year round); also, you might find them in hobby stores that cater to model train fans. The trains are made in several different gauges, so there are accessories in many different sizes to fit the scale of the train sets.

September 25, 2006 Flag

Where can I find free wood projects?

hvactech5 from Virginia Beach, VA

Try these two websites:

http://absolutelyfreeplans.com

http://www.buildeazy.com

Good Luck!

Crafts WoodworkingDecember 22, 2013
Cup Stain on Wood
Removing Cup Rings from Wood Furniture
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Chopping Wood, Axe in Wood Log
Chopping Wood
Wood with a screw in it.
Fixing a Loose Screw in Wood
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 22, 2016 at 5:10:03 PM on 10.0.0.33 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.