Making Small Wooden Ladders for Craft Projects

I am looking for small wooden ladders, 6-18 inches, and also miniature oak trees. If I cannot buy same does anyone have a creative way I could make same? I have searched Hobby Lobby and Michaels.

By joann morris from NC

You could probably make some small wooden ladders with popsicle sticks and craft glue that you can purchase at a hobby store. For the trees collect some small branches and tie them together to look like trees.

You could try a pet store in the bird department and possibly locate a wood ladder or do an online dollhouse catalog search. If all else fails, you can always make one inexpensively from scrap wood and glue and small cutting tools.

Here's one dollhouse link for the oak tree and other items you can view.

www.kimsdollhouseminiatures.com/.../Detail

Thank you all very much! Why didn't I think of a pet store ? Thank you, thank you, again.

Here are two more ideas for you: look for the accessories that are sold to go along with the ceramic villages (although you might not find them until Christmas time, unless you go to gift shops that carry Dept. 56, Lefton, etc. all year round); also, you might find them in hobby stores that cater to model train fans. The trains are made in several different gauges, so there are accessories in many different sizes to fit the scale of the train sets.

I'm looking for weathered wood to use in making small ladders for crafts, approx 12-18 inches high. Do you know where I can find this or ladders already made?

By Linda / Ravenized from MD

Answers:

Hobby Lobby sells small ladders, but they aren't made of weathered wood. Michael's probably sells them, too. (12/01/2009)

By Gailya Illsley

Crafts WoodworkingFebruary 20, 2011
🍀
💘