Worn Spots on Tub Bottom

At the bottom of my tub, I have noticed several spots where the color has worn off. These spots almost look like chips, except that the edges are not rough like a chip would be. Aside from getting a new tub/shower enclosure, is there something I can do to solve this problem? I'm considering putting some of those sticky things in the bottom of the tub to at least cover up the spots. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

By tsiegl

Answers:

Worn Spots on Tub Bottom

It depends what the tub is made out of. If it's cast iron, you can try appliance enamel. It's the same touch-up paint you use for fixing chips on your stove or refrigerator. Or I think there is a tub paint out there somewhere.

If it's fiberglass, I have no idea. I don't know what kind of paint would stick to the slick surface and bond. You could call a tub and shower place, they would know.
(05/05/2009)

By Corene

Worn Spots on Tub Bottom

I had the same problem, and our apartment maintenance guy gave me "enamel paint". What a waste of time! It yellowed (on a white tub) and looked awful. At the time I also had a white car, and had a small bottle of touch up paint for the car. Yes, I used the car paint on the tub, and it's amazing! You can't tell it's there, it hasn't yellowed, and doesn't come off with cleaning! I got the car paint at Walmart, in a small ( maybe 2 ounce) bottle, that has a brush attached inside the cap. (05/13/2009)

By xsnos2

Worn Spots on Tub Bottom
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub, An old claw foot tub outside.
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub
🎉
🎄