Uses for Altoid Candy or Mint Tins
Altoid tins beg to be reused for crafts or storage. This is a guide about uses for Altoid candy or mint tins
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
The Altoid tin is the perfect size to hold business cards. I like to keep cards of recommended people like plumbers and electricians before I need them. The tin keeps everything neat and in one place.
Read More Comments
May 21, 20170 found this helpful
Great tip. I also get the 12 packs of waxy ear plugs from Walmart. The container is the best size for cards and you can see them as well.
http://www.thri … 0200734.tip.html
I hate to throw away those cute mint tins so I've come up with a few idea's to use them in the car or purse.
- I put in some almonds/cashews (or your favorite) nuts to keep in the car for when I get a snack urge. Then I don't buy junk food......as often~
- I also keep a few of my husband's meds in a tin, then if we are out visiting and stay over, he always has them!
- I bring along my vitamin supplements that I take. I also bring along chewable vitamins like calcium chews or gummies for adults that we never seem to want to take at home and have them on the road. Then our gummy snack is actually a healthy one!
- It's a great mini first aid kit and can hold quite a number of band aids, ibuprofen, alcohol wipes, etc.
- I always keep a $20 bill and a number of quarters in the car as well. You could lose a wallet, run out of gas without your credit card, need toll money. You never know!
- If you like to take spontaneous hikes or nature walks, a tin with a few additional items like: a whistle, matches (and the relighting birthday candles!) plus a pocket knife, mirror (for signaling if lost) are great to carry along!
These are ideas for just the car/purse, in the house the options are endless!
So don't throw out those tins!
Read More Comments
October 31, 20150 found this helpful
Hi -- some good ideas! How about one with emergency information (name, address, emergency contact, list of medical problems, list of medications)? That might be life-saving!
Craft ideas for the empty metal mint or candy tins with hinged lids. These ideas were posted from the ThriftyFun community. Post your own here!Read More...
I never throw away any of these small boxes. They include Altoid and other brands of mints. Russell Stover sometimes have their Whitman samplers in tin boxes.Read More...
January 12, 20132 found this helpful
This is a guide about crafts made using Altoids tins. Altoids tins, like their predecessors including the Sucrets tin from days gone by, beg to be reused for storage or crafts.Read More...