Making Quiet Time Play Tins for Children

Category Toys
These amazing little mint tin play boxes are a wonderful project to take on and the recipients will adore them. Check out the accompanying craft and try your hand at it. Older children might also get hooked.

Here are smiles in a tin. I make these little slices of everyday life always with a dog, cat, or other critter in the scene. The tins depict recognizable objects and always have a removable animal or object that hopefully make you or your little one smile. People have told me these are great for keeping their kids busy and quiet on car trips or in doctor's offices of anywhere where a quiet diversion is needed.

Total Time: 2-3 hours.

Yield: 3-4

• 1 tin boxes of various small sizes, (1 tin for each)
  • 1 1/2 of a 5X5 Felt Square felt squares of various colors
  • items from nature i.e. leaves, twigs, small pebbles, depending on the scene
  • 1 9 oz. container clear drying glue
  • fabric scraps of varying colors and patterns (optional)
  • small buttons and beads, depending on subject of the tin
  • various colors of thread or embroidery floss
  • small bits of stuffing used to make stuffed animals.
  • scissors

1. I first decide what the subject of the tin will be such as a scene from the woods or a home with pets, and pet beds, etc.
  2. Advertisement

3. Then I cut out and create the main subject of the tin such as a dog, cat, fish or a person, etc.
  4. I then create the removable object in the tin from the felt or fabric. I cut out and stuff the removeable object to be placed in the tin.
  5. I glue on the inside of the tins the background scenes which are created with fabric or felt or a combo of both.
  6. I add the other objects in the scene such as little pet toys or grass or the sky or whatever necessary to complete a scene. This is made from all the various items mentioned in supplies.
  7. I use both insides of the tin to create the actual scene and I also decorate the outside of the tin.

In These Pages
Crafts ToysMarch 13, 2020
😎
📓
😷
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-Quiet-Time-Play-Tins-for-Children.html