Uses for Altoid Candy or Mint Tins
Read More Comments
I hate to throw away those cute mint tins so I've come up with a few idea's to use them in the car or purse.
- I put in some almonds/cashews (or your favorite) nuts to keep in the car for when I get a snack urge. Then I don't buy junk food......as often~
- I also keep a few of my husband's meds in a tin, then if we are out visiting and stay over, he always has them!
- I bring along my vitamin supplements that I take. I also bring along chewable vitamins like calcium chews or gummies for adults that we never seem to want to take at home and have them on the road. Then our gummy snack is actually a healthy one!
- It's a great mini first aid kit and can hold quite a number of band aids, ibuprofen, alcohol wipes, etc.
- I always keep a $20 bill and a number of quarters in the car as well. You could lose a wallet, run out of gas without your credit card, need toll money. You never know!
- If you like to take spontaneous hikes or nature walks, a tin with a few additional items like: a whistle, matches (and the relighting birthday candles!) plus a pocket knife, mirror (for signaling if lost) are great to carry along!
These are ideas for just the car/purse, in the house the options are endless!
So don't throw out those tins!
6 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Craft ideas for the empty metal mint or candy tins with hinged lids. These ideas were posted from the ThriftyFun community. Post your own here!
The Altoid tin is the perfect size to hold business cards. I like to keep cards of recommended people like plumbers and electricians before I need them. The tin keeps everything neat and in one place.
I never throw away any of these small boxes. They include Altoid and other brands of mints. Russell Stover sometimes have their Whitman samplers in tin boxes.Read More...
This is a page about crafts made using Altoids tins. Altoids tins, like their predecessors including the Sucrets tin from days gone by, beg to be reused for storage or crafts.
Altoid mints come in nice metal fold top tins that are perfect for making a mini sewing kit. This is a page about making an Altoid tin sewing kit.
These amazing little mint tin play boxes are a wonderful project to take on and the recipients will adore them. Check out the accompanying craft and try your hand at it. Older children might also get hooked.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.