Melting Chocolate

What is the best way to melt chocolate?

By iamright from Eureka, CA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Use a double boiler on your stove, or heat chocolate in a microwave oven.

I have only had good luck with melting chocolate in the double boiler. The microwave melting tastes different to me. The only other way I have of melting chocolate is letting my nine-year old daughter put a chocolate bar next to the fan of my laptop. Ewww.

If you don't have a double boiler you can set the chocolate in a slightly smaller or handled smaller pan and set that in a large pot of boiling water. Just be sure there's enough water boiling in the large pan that the bottom of the small pan is sitting in the water, but not so much water that would spill over when placing pan into pan. ;-)

October 22, 2010 Flag

When melting chocolate make sure when double boiling that your chocolate does not come in contact with water, this will cause your chocolate to seize up and become very hard to work with, so make sure those bowls are dry. In some cases the chocolate can be ruined. - Julie

Answers:

Melting Chocolate

When I used to melt chocolate for brownies, I just placed the wrapped up squares in the oven as it was pre-heating. I then would scrape the chocolate out into the bowl. I hate using double-boilers. (01/05/2001)

Melting Chocolate

I found that since I do not have a double-boiler, I have used a stainless steel bowl over a pot of boiling water. When melting chocolate, it's highly recommended that you use a wooden spoon and not a metal spoon or whip. (08/13/2005)

By Atticus

Melting Chocolate

You can also melt the wafers in the microwave using a lower power setting. (02/18/2006)

By Debi

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Melting Chocolate on Wooden Spoon
Melting Chocolate
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking From ScratchOctober 22, 2010
A stack of graham crackers.
Making Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers
Melting Chocolate in Childs Hand
Keeping Chocolate From Melting
Chocolate fondue
Chocolate Fondue Recipes
Crochet Melting Snowman
Crochet Melting Snowman
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 9:49:57 AM on 10.0.0.27 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.