Use an Old Coffeemaker for Melting Candle Wax

Category Candle Making
You do not need to always purchase specialty products for your crafting projects. An old coffeemaker can fill in when melting candle wax for making new candles. This is a page about use an old coffeemaker for melting candle wax.

I bought an old coffee maker at the thrift store for about $4 and use it to melt bits of old candles with. I made molds from plastic containers of different shapes and sand molds from the dollar store. I drilled a small hole in the bottom of the container to put the wick through and use duct tape to seal the hole, tie the wick to a pencil laid across the container to hold the wick in place and pour the wax in to set.

When I'm done with it, I let it cool and put it away in the closet. No need to clean the coffee pot out, just keep for the next time you want to use it. If you want, pour the unused wax into a sour cream container and save it for next time you use that color wax. No more messy wax in your double boiler or on your stove top!

By Mary from Charleston, SC

Crafts Candle MakingMarch 27, 2018
😷
📓
🌻
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Use-an-Old-Coffeemaker-for-Melting-Candle-Wax.html