Thrifty Gifts For High School Seniors

I know it is only January, but it's time to start thinking of graduation gifts for high school seniors. Does anyone have any nice, but thrifty ideas on gifts besides money? Thanks.

Best Answer

When my grandaughter graduated from high school, I made her a grandmother remembers book, starting with her grandfather and I in high school, pictures of her Mom and Dad when they were young, going up through the years, and then going on to her baby pictures, when she started school, etc. It was a big hit, she loved it, and makes a nice keep sake. Her two sisters can hardly wait to get theirs. - Lizzie

Best Answer

Most college students that will be living in a dorm will need a "shower bucket" to carry items to and from the community bathroom.

I bought myself a mini rectangular crate, and I put all my shower stuff in this. It should be large enough to handle a shampoo and creme rinse bottle, but still be small enough to fit on a narrow bench or even hang on a hook.

Be creative and see how you can organize what your favorite college student might need to grab on the way to the shower.

For the ladies, I buy inexpensive picture frames at garage sales and second hand shop to make decorative pin (broaches) display. I first saw these at a home show sitting on a dresser.

Take out any glass and make a posterboard template for an insert. Cover the posterboard with batting and a piece of velvet type material. (I used burgundy velvet.) Use a hot glue gun to glue the batting to the cardboard and also the velvet where it overlaps on the back. Tuft in several places with thread and/or tiny glass beads. Slip back into the frame along with the backing of the original picture and decorate with your favorite jewelry.

I made several of these for Christmas and they were lovely, especially with silver or gold picture frames. - Janice

A key chain with their name, year the graduated and school they graduate from.

i think mix tapes are a big hit. Just take songs you know they like or songs you like and want to share and put them on tapes. they work in cars that don't have cd players and boom boxes. its personal and not to expensive .

The one staple gift I always use for Seniors or other hard to buy for teens is the movie gift basket. I place a $5 gift card (enough for at least 2 movies at our local chain video store), a couple bags of popcorn and a couple of baggies of bulk candy in a cute dollar store container. It's kind of a universal gift but very easy to do and its something just about everyone can use and I spend less than $10 per basket!

Working in the school system, I get invited to many graduations and one solution I have come up with, as an inexpensive gift, is a small address book. ex: like the ones that people, in my age group, would refer to as "the little black book" lol This and a card of encouragement for the future.

Mrs. Scott

Graduation Gift
Frugal Graduation Gift Ideas
Holidays and Parties Gifts GraduationJanuary 5, 2001
8th Graders
8th Grade Graduation Party Ideas
Mini Graduation Cap
Making Mini Graduation Cap Party Favors
Cleaning Jewelry
Cleaning Jewelry
Jewelry Display Stand
Displaying Jewelry