Who will take my wire hangers?

Who will take my wire coat hangers?

By Angela from New Lebanon, NY

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I used to work in a Salvation Army Thrift Store and people were always donating the wire hangers, and they were always put to good use. Sometimes we even bundled a bunch of them together and sold them.

Your local Goodwill or Salvation Army are always looking for hangers.

You can also take them to your local dry cleaners.

I always take mine to my local dry cleaners, who always seem very pleased to have them.

Schools and retirement homes might possibly want them to use for crafts.

You can also donate them to your local Girl Scouts or Cub Scouts, they are always handy for crafty things!

Post a free on craigslist / freecycle. Since its spring time many times people are looking for these to do children's resale events and garage sales. And lately I have seen people use them to make words out of the wire and display it as decor in their homes.

How many do you have? I will take them off your hands and pay for shipping.

I would also love to take you hangers and I too will pay the shipping I live in Tennessee my number is 615-566-5823

Answer

I have many wire hangers that I need to part with. I would love to donate them. Does anyone know where I could donate them? Anyone out there need wire hangers?

By Patsy from Pittsburgh, PA

Who will take my wire hangers?

You could probably drop them off at something like the Salvation Army thrift stores. If they can't use them they would probably know someplace that could. Most of those places have an outdoor site where people can drop things off. (04/02/2010)

By redhatterb

Who will take my wire hangers?

Bring them to your nearest dry cleaners. They always take them and they even have a special box to store them in for return. (04/02/2010)

By reginacarusolane

Who will take my wire hangers?

I had a garage sale and sold them all.
Good luck! (04/04/2010)

By sally54

Who will take my wire hangers?

Go online and see if you have a Freecycle group in your area. This is a program where you offer something you no longer want and someone that wants it contacts you. You can also ask for things you would like to have. This is money free, you can not charge for anything you are giving away and cannot be charged for anything you ask for. These are terrific groups, I monitor one. (04/04/2010)

By dajavooi

Who will take my wire hangers?

Return them to the local small business owner who provided them to you originally. We can build our own jobs by helping them keep their cost down, they stay in business and you are able to continue to use their business at a reasonable rate. Everyone wins. (04/05/2011)

By borma

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have hundreds of extra wire hangers and do not want to throw them away. How can I dispose of them?

Sandra from Cuyahoga Falls

Who will take my wire hangers?

We recycled them. Cut them apart, fold the pieces and used these to hold corners and edges of the weed mat we put under our rock garden. I found most of our hangers at garage sales. (02/16/2009)

By Bluefire

Who will take my wire hangers?

My stepdad used lots of cut up wire hangers in lieu of rebar when he poured the concrete foundation for a small building on his property. (02/17/2009)

By Dibbs

Who will take my wire hangers?

Take them to your local dry cleaners. They often re-use wire hangers in good shape. (02/17/2009)

Who will take my wire hangers?

Ever hear of freecycle.org? It is where you can post "offers' and "wanted" in your area, all must be free. (02/17/2009)

By ARTIBILITY

Who will take my wire hangers?

Post an ad to craigslist under the free column. (02/17/2009)

By Kidena

Who will take my wire hangers?

A thrift store, second-hand store, or maybe a small local clothing boutique will take them. I put them with our clothes when we donate to Purple Hearts, or the St. Vincent DePaul thrift store. (02/17/2009)

By Maryeileen

Who will take my wire hangers?

Try your local high school or community college art department. That's good wire. (02/17/2009)

By tennesue

Who will take my wire hangers?

I recycle them with other metals. (02/17/2009)

By Jenny

Who will take my wire hangers?

I like to use wire hangers for craft projects. I make seashell wind chimes and other mobile crafts with them. (02/26/2009)

By angelbaby49

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My son worked for over a year at a shop that supplied uniforms from a service. Now I have literally thousands of wire hangers. I am in the process of moving and need to find someone who need/wants wire hangers. Any suggestions?

Who will take my wire hangers?

Your coat hangers might come in handy at a church thrift store, also maybe Salvation Army, Volunteers of America or any organization like that. (01/26/2001)

By wycamanda

Who will take my wire hangers?

1. You could use in a garage sale.
  2. Possibly E-bay or another site like that. I am always looking for hangers.
  3. Day-cares or local schools for projects.
  4. Check with your neighbors, and friends.
  5. Charities, like churches, Salvation Army, Goodwill, etc.
  6. See if any dry-cleaner or laundromats in your area want them, or will buy them.
  7. My husband is always using them, cut up in pieces, to poke holes in, tie or hold things together, etc.
  8. Take one, pull down at the center till it is fairly straight, make a hook at the end. Great for hats, etc.
  9. Use to hang ties.
  10. Use to hang scarfs.
  11. Use to hang belts.
  12. Use like #8 and hang a bird-feeder, or birdhouse off of a limb in your tree.
  13. Unwrap one and use to get objects out from behind or under the stove, refrigerator, washer, etc.
  14. Just use your imagination. (01/26/2001)

By JDS

Who will take my wire hangers?

In addition to all the great suggestions that you have received so far, I can think of a few more. Retirement homes and hospitals are usually in need of hangers for their patients/residents, also most shelters could really use hangers for their residents. (01/29/2001)

By cyn5200

Who will take my wire hangers?

Donate your wire hangers to any dry-cleaners. I also collect safety pins and take them back when I've amassed a lot of them. (02/01/2001)

By K.B. from Philadelphia, PA

Who will take my wire hangers?

You could see if there's a women's shelter near to you and ask them if they want some. A lot of women (yes, and men, too) walk out with nothing and have to start again from scratch. I donated a bed to my local shelter a couple of years back. It's good to know your old stuff is going to a good home. (08/13/2004)

By Chickybiker

Who will take my wire hangers?

Forget the Salvation Army and Goodwill - they only want plastic hangers. (11/21/2007)

By Jamie

Who will take my wire hangers?

You can try adding them to the following website.
http://www.wirehangerexchange.com/
It's a wire hanger have/need match-up website. (12/05/2008)

By Kathleen

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Better Living Green Living RecyclingApril 11, 2011
Sweater Covered Hanger
Making Covered Hangers
Making a Clothes Hanger Wire Organizer
Making a Clothes Hanger Wire Organizer
Wire Coat Hanger on White Background
Uses for Wire Hangers
Wire Hanger
Crafts Using Wire Hangers
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 12, 2016 at 7:58:34 PM on 10.0.2.192 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.